TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Mychal Mulder might be next

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mychal Mulder might be next
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-16-2015 04:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rumor has it he has committed but can't substantiate it yet. Mulder looks to be a good 3 point shooter.. I just wish it was Brown, Ingram or Newman.

Mulder is a 6’4, 190 pound shooting guard that has played the last two seasons at Vincennes University in Indiana and ironically enough, he is coming off two straight Final Four appearances in the NJCAA Division 1 ranks. In the recently completed season at Vincennes, Mulder averaged 15.7 points and 6.4 boards a game. He hit 46.3% of his 3-pointers and 80.4% from the free throw line.

“Mulder is an explosive wing…Excellent transition player who is very vocal and leads,” Kendrick tells 247Sports. “At three-point range is where he is becoming dangerous.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 04-16-2015 05:34 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope we get him instead of someone else who we have to play against.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-16-2015 07:12 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This makes me think we are not going to get some of these guys still not committed. To offer this guy and Thorne doesn't make me fee to good about who might be committing. I am really hoping we get at least 2 of these uncommitted guys.
Posts: 5438 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-16-2015 09:40 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure why a talented player like that ended up at a junior college. Grades? Test scores? Attitude?

Generally there is a reason, and the reason is generally not good.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13621 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-17-2015 06:19 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some kids don't grow up as quickly as others do, Tip!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 04-17-2015 08:34 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Remember Lofton who played at TN. Tubby and Pitino turned him down he had not developed his game out of HS but became a great 3 point shooter at TN.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 750 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2015 09:37 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mulder is a 6' 4" shooting guard who both Pitino and Cal have looked at who plays for Vincennes University. He averaged 8.6 points per game, 46.7 F/G%, 38.3, 3pt.%, 75.4 f/t%, 4.6 reb, and 1.8 assts per game.

[ 04-17-2015, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-17-2015 01:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, we must really be in trouble on the recruiting trail this year. With this player and Thorne it sounds like Cal is just trying to fill out a roster. Neither have UK credentials and if we end up with these two on our roster, we could be in for a tough season next year. I know nothing about this JUCO player but his stats sure don't say a lot of positive things about his game.

Sorry, I read his stats wrong, eyes must be failing me. He does sound like he would be a good one. I am still not sold on Thorne however.

[ 04-17-2015, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 04-17-2015 01:52 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMHO both Mulder and Thorne will compliment our current roster and the new commits (Skal, Briscoe and Mathews) better than a raw freshman who needs to impress the NBA scouts because they want to leave after one year. I hope we sign Mulder and Thorne.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2015 05:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, This is not to be contradictory but have always thought Harrow and Mays got a bit of a bad rap as they were asked to come to Kentucky when we were thin on experience and depth. Harrow and Mays stats compared to Aaron and Andrew's are interesting when you compare them, especially if you are fair and remember how much more talent Aaron and Andrew are playing with than did Ryan and Julius especially after Nerlens injury.

Harrow's f/g shooting percentage was higher than Andrew's. Andrew's points per game was only 1 point per game higher and he played 480 minutes more than Ryan. Ryan turned it over 61 less times than Andrew, had the same amount of steals as Andrew and just averaged less than a 1/2 a rebound a game less than Andrew, again with 480 minutes less playing time. Granted you can come up with different scenario's but stats don't lie.

May's really gets a bad rap as he did shoot the 3 ball better than Aaron and shot his free throws much better than Aaron. Mays also had far more assists and far less t/o's. May's did not score as many points but his 3 point shooting percentage was higher and played 7 fewer games. Sometimes you can't judge players on won loss records as teams are different as the case with Ryan and Julius. If Nerlens had not gotten hurt their team would have a very solid team imo and would have been a factor in the NCAA tournament. They lost 6 of their last 10 games after losing Nerlens to injury.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-17-2015 07:27 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bruce, I read Mulder's stats wrong, he does sound like a good one. I still consider Mays and Harrow the weakest two starting guards ever to wear the UK uniform in my lifetime which spans a lot of years. Stats can be very deceiving, it is all about wins and losses and who wants to make the big shot when the game is on the line, something the Harrison twins were all too ready to do for us. Plus, they helped us get to two straight final fours.

I would never compare their stats to those of the Harrison twins or either Ulis and Booker. The game of basketball is about wins and losses, not a lot of individual stats. Kentucky basketball is all about making the NCAA and getting deep into the tournament each year, not losing a first round game in the NIT, regardless of losing our starting center some ten games before the season ended.

Mulder could be a big help next season but I don't see Thorne adding much other than a very large body to our roster.

[ 04-17-2015, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2015 10:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, After watching Briscoe play tonight we sure got a good one. He put on a show for awhile in the second half that was real impressive. Labissiere along with Briscoe are going to add a lot to the players we have coming back and we are going to be awfully talented by the second half of the year. Can't wait to see just how good this team is going to be, I thought we were going to be talented but if Briscoe plays anywhere near how he looked tonight we could be real good. I wouldn't be surprised if Briscoe plays some shooting guard with Ulis at the point. He is 6'3" but is athletic and with his outside shooting ability it's a possibility.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-18-2015 02:45 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bruce, I too was really impressed with Briscoe, he is a bigger version of Ulis when it comes to passing the ball. He appears to be a pass first, score second type of point guard. Matthews did not get to play very long because of an injury but he too looks like he is going to add good depth at the guard positions. Skal is the real deal, reminds me a lot of Anthony Davis in some of the things he can do.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 09:14 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think this years team is going to be fun to watch and by tournament time we could be a very solid team barring injuries. The one thing we do not have is depth and that could be a issue.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-18-2015 09:21 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Cal can land Diallo and Newman we will be set for next year. I fear Diallo will now stay in the New York area at St Johns since Slice has become an assistant to Mullin. Newman is lightning quick and Diallo has size and athleticism we need. If we could land those two, we could easily be the top team in the country next season.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 09:26 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Slice is going to be missed as the guy can recruit.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 09:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Newman, a great shooter would really help this team. He would be the icing on the cake and with Cal's recruiting prowess we definitely got a shot to get him.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 11:46 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a video of Mulder which is long and very impressive.

video Link

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-18-2015 01:20 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, that kid is impressive. He can flat out jump out of the gym. What has he being doing playing JUCO ball for the past two years. I am truly impressed with his athleticism.
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 04-18-2015 01:39 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Briscoe plays STRONG !!! and I like it, a lot....

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 02:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Briscoe was said to be good but sure didn't realize he was that good. I can't wait to see him playing for the Cats.

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-18-2015 03:58 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ALA_KAT2:
IMHO both Mulder and Thorne will compliment our current roster and the new commits (Skal, Briscoe and Mathews) better than a raw freshman who needs to impress the NBA scouts because they want to leave after one year. I hope we sign Mulder and Thorne.

You are dead on,I hope we get them too, Mulder has been to two straight final four's, you can't beat game experience and pressure situations. It may have been aganist lesser competition, but it was still pressure. I believe players like these can come in and contribute right away, in Nov. and Dec.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-18-2015 04:39 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thorne is now off the table since he just committed to Illinois.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com