TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Skal says Cal thinks they can make a run

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skal says Cal thinks they can make a run
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-14-2015 07:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They have talent but they are not going to have much depth at all. If everything goes right you just never know.

Skal said Kentucky coach John Calipari is “excited” about next season despite losing so many players.

“He can’t wait to see what we do as a group of players, he really believes we can make a run again for the championship,” Labissiere said. “And I can’t wait to see how much better I can get up there and how much better we can get as a team.

“Definitely playing at Hoop Summit helps me. Not just the game itself, but the practices, playing against guys my height with this level of skill, you really have to adapt. The level of competition has been really great, very physical down there. I learned a lot from it and I’m getting a lot better, I can feel that already.”

Link

[ 04-14-2015, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-14-2015 09:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, right now we got Labissiere at C, Lee at PF, Poythress at SF, Briscoe at SG and Ulis at PG. With Hawkins sub at G, Willis sub at SF and Matthews as a sub at Wing. I don't know if that team could beat the 2013 team. Boys and girls we may have a little trouble right here in river city. WE MUST GET A COUPLE OF THESE FINAL 6 RECRUITS. Otherwise this could be a slight problem.
Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-15-2015 06:05 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just be patient, Bama. Spring signing period runs through May 20th!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123982 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-15-2015 10:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is where coaching plays a part and we will see just how good Cal can coach. This team has 5 McDonald All-Americans who play different positions and the good part is that 3 of them have experience in college play. If a coach like Cal with all his knowledge and back ground can't get this team to the NCAA tournament I'd be greatly surprised and disappointed. The only worry is of course the bench but if Call gets another good recruit or two even that would be taken care of. Just think of how many schools would love to have this team representing them.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-15-2015 02:00 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skal is still working on Zimmerman and a couple others in New York this week, too!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-15-2015 02:05 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
Yeah, right now we got Labissiere at C, Lee at PF, Poythress at SF, Briscoe at SG and Ulis at PG. With Hawkins sub at G, Willis sub at SF and Matthews as a sub at Wing. I don't know if that team could beat the 2013 team. Boys and girls we may have a little trouble right here in river city. WE MUST GET A COUPLE OF THESE FINAL 6 RECRUITS. Otherwise this could be a slight problem.

That is not a bad team IMO. To me it would be better than most giving it credit based on just having Ulis. Why? Because he is one of the Top 5 Point Guards in College. This team will not have to worry about the PG position like the Ryan Harrow team.

There will not be many college teams that could put 5 potential pros on the floor in College basketball. The team listed above can do just that.

[ 04-15-2015, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-15-2015 02:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THe only weakness Ulis has, is when the opposing team tries to post him up low. His size hurts him inside on defense!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-15-2015 02:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis, like most all players has a weakness and his is size but he makes up for it in other areas. It may take him a little more time but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make a NBA roster or play professionally abroad at some point. I know this I am sure glad he plays for the Cats.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-15-2015 08:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh I think he'll be paid to play some day too! But his size is a detriment when the take him on the drive to the basket!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-15-2015 09:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be fun watching Ulis play and if he continues to shoot over 40% of his 3's like he did this season it will open it up on the inside. Labissiere, Lee and Poythress are going to be the beneficiary of some good looks down low because his outside shooting ability. This is going to be a fun team to watch.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2015 10:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We had better add Briscoe to the equation as he is extremely talented and will be a big part of next years team!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 09:33 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis
Briscoe
AP
Lee
Skal

Looks to be a formidable line-up and one that could win a lot of games.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-18-2015 11:54 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. Not a bad line up

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 12:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will have some size and quickness that's for sure.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-18-2015 01:07 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agree but hope they can play 30 minutes after a season of platooning.
Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-18-2015 01:31 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet a lot of these kids are used to playing 32 minutes!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com