TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » have they changed the rule

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: have they changed the rule
shoe
Player
Member # 1830

posted 03-29-2015 03:09 PM      Profile for shoe   Email shoe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
about hanging on the rim? I notice a ND player did it last night on us. This game #24 for Louisville did it and no call. If they didn't call these two I don't see how they can call it on anyone.
Posts: 685 | From: Dayton,Ky | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-29-2015 03:51 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's another one of those opinion calls, just like the block/charge call. If the player is hanging up there to prevent getting hurt they never call it but when a player is pulling their feet and doing chin ups on the rim it should be a "T".
You never see Willie do anything more than hold onto it if someone is under him! Arms ALWAYS extended!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-29-2015 04:03 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If ND did anything that wasn't called last night, you can bet Len Elmore didn't bring it up.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-29-2015 04:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Elmore is not a fan of the Cats, he played for Maryland when they were in the ACC.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-29-2015 05:11 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LEN ELMORE CAN STICK IT, NEVER LIKED HIM NEVER WILL. THROW HIS ARSE OUT TO PASTURE.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 03-29-2015 05:33 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've seen them call it on UK players when they were basically horizontal, feet hanging way under the backboard and hung on until they could safely land. I think it's a BS call when player safety is involved. I think the rule gets enforced pretty consistently when the player 'pulls up' in any way, on the rim though.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com