TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal interview.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal interview.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-29-2015 11:58 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Cal could have been a little more tactful, but for the most part this is just another example of UK haters looking to nit pick. At least IMO.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/john_calipari_is_getting_blasted_for_his_classless_post_game_interview_following_victory_vs_notre_dame/18537713

Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-29-2015 12:02 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
it took two free throws by Andrew Harrison and a closely-missed shot by Jerian Grant to give UK a 68-66 victory and a berth into the Final Four.
This was one quote in the article that particularly irked me. That shot by Grant didn't even draw iron.
Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gunny
Player
Member # 2869

posted 03-29-2015 12:07 PM      Profile for Gunny   Email Gunny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, ND lost. They put their selfs in a good position to win and blew it. This game was no different than the LSU game we could have lost. Yea they played good but the better team won. They need to get over it and hope they do ok next year after their two senors leave. Was their center's tongue hanging out after they missed that last shot?

[ 03-29-2015, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Gunny ]

--------------------
USMC/Gunny

Posts: 332 | From: Elizabethtown Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 03-29-2015 12:16 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've read some on this topic today, none of it has congratulated UK for their win to get to the final four, it was all negative...people(outside of BBN) are tired of hearing about UK. Cal simply stated a fact, they didn't play well, and guess what, they didn't. He later gave ND credit for how well they played, but Cal had just finished coaching an incredibly stressful and exciting game and this clown jumped all over Cal to ask him a question as soon as the horn sounded. Cal hadn't given any thought of what he would say post-game while that clown had been mustering up the dumbest question he could think of.

I guess I am surprised as to how many haters there are out there. There are so many people making up stories simply to create hate towards UK, if ND had won that game their coach could have called Cal a racist cheater and the media would have loved him for it.

Posts: 369 | From: Ashland KY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 03-29-2015 12:18 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Writer of this Trash is Andrew Holleran Ohio State grad. D.C. native. If I remember correctly after the game on the floor Coach Cal gave credit to the great game ND played and the Kentucky fans applauded for ND. Andrew Holleran didn't mention that. Such Haters. !!!!!

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 754 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gunny
Player
Member # 2869

posted 03-29-2015 12:47 PM      Profile for Gunny   Email Gunny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Cal's thoughts are more on what he needs to do to get the team ready for Wisconsin than going on and on about how great ND did. Only one team won and it was Kentucky. I think UK will play better after that close one.

--------------------
USMC/Gunny

Posts: 332 | From: Elizabethtown Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 03-29-2015 12:49 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"This did not go over well with Notre Dame fans and, really, everyone not rooting for Kentucky."

Good, I hope everyone not rooting for Kentucky is a little aggravated, because their jealousy is starting to show.

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-29-2015 12:50 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coach was right imo we didnt play good the 1st 30 mins but came on and played great in the last 10 mins so perhaps in his mind (and mine) we didnt play that great of a game!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-29-2015 01:25 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are so many people that are so envious of what we at Kentucky are doing right now that they will take any little word and turn it into a negative. Cal gave Notre Dame credit for being such a tough opponent right on the floor after the game, he said all the right things I thought. He is right, we won on a night that we did not play both ends of the floor like we normally do and Notre Dame did have something to do with that. I think if we play them ten games, we win all ten. They had a great season, even their coach labeled them as America's team which I though was rather ridiculous. No big deal was made of those comments.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 03-29-2015 01:32 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bottom line: Notre Dame's best was two points shy of a poorly played game by UK and Cal knew that, but the media wants Cal to say that Notre Dame is as good as UK and that they didn't deserve to win.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-29-2015 01:38 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know everyone is not going to like us. Nobody ever loves everybody, even though that's what Christianity calls for. So I don't let it bother me. We are the same way they are, to a degree. I, for instance, cannot stand the dookies. It's just human nature. I take great joy in teams I don't like getting beat.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-29-2015 06:13 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Losers just hate the truth.
Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-29-2015 06:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like they say, "the truth hurts".

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-29-2015 06:43 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And here I always thought pain hurt. Man I guess I was wrong again!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-30-2015 09:39 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pain does hurt but a loss like this to Notre Dame will hurt them a heck of a lot longer. To many ND fans players and coachs it will be remembered for a lifetime.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-30-2015 10:25 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only hurt I feel is for the poor defense we had. But when you have to choose between 3s and drives you have to pick one. I guess we were lucky we didn't lose because ND did play a good game, for them. We just didn't play as good a defensive game as we are capable of.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-30-2015 02:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, if we play defense like we did against ND we will have a different out come against Wisconsin. Hopefully Cal will have them ready and we will get back to playing aggressive defense like we have all season.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com