TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Question to all TCDers

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question to all TCDers
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-29-2015 10:57 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else have trouble going to sleep last night? I made a bad mistake and re-watched the game and even though I fast forward the time outs it still took some time but it wasn't as nerve racking knowing the out come. The thing that stood out the second time was just how good both teams played and to be honest like some one posted it's shame some one had to lose. What scares me is we did a lot of things well in the game like our shooting, 53% from the floor, 50% on our 3's although we didn't shoot that many (4-8) and a modest 70% from the line. We can't shoot much better than that and we barely won the game against a very well played game by Notre Dame. It was a game where you could almost say that both teams should move on in the tournament. I laid in bed and finally went t sleep at around 4am. I would bet however I wasn't the only Cat fan that had that same problem.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-29-2015 11:13 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am not one to rewatch a game. I did have friends text me about the game and stayed up a bit with that.

Maybe I am getting old, but I don't stay up over sports. I do stay up on occasion, thinking about business. UK Sports is a fun passion. It is not something I can control, so I don't worry about it. If they win or lose, it is the efforts of the players and the coaches, not me the fan.

If the Cats make the championship game and are blowing the other team out, I might even get board and doze off for a minute or two. I get very board during blow out victories.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 03-29-2015 12:44 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was up until well after midnight. The wife and I caught up on some DVR shows...I knew I couldn't sleep even if I went to bed anyway.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-29-2015 12:48 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Got home to Ocala from Tampa around 1am after watching the game with about 150 other ky friends and stayed up until 2 30 reading about the game.

Today just got thru watching the entire game again as I was walking around the parking lot much of the second half as couldnt watch! Did watch the last 4 mins without havent to leave the Beef's!!! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-29-2015 12:54 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For some of these "late" games I'll watch the first half and tape the second to watch before breakfast. Not this one, I watched the entire game and replayed the whole thing in my mind the rest of the night. At 69 UK basketball is one of the very few things I still have a passion for. I'm plumb pitiful.
Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-29-2015 03:25 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope, slept like a baby!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-29-2015 03:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I stayed up and watched all the commentary and listened to the post game show! Reading posts off the net and what not!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-29-2015 04:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Us Kentucky fans are a different breed and we do have little idiosyncrasies. [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 03-29-2015 05:31 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Go to sleep? Who's been able to go to sleep?

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-29-2015 05:52 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been staying up til 1 in the morning then getting up between 4:30 and 5 and going to work. Some of my co-workers have been taking days off but not me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com