TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Vegas odds on Ky/Wisc

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vegas odds on Ky/Wisc
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-29-2015 08:09 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vegas opened the betting odds on our Cats vs Wisconsin next Saturday at 5.5 pts. It has gone up to 6 already on most sports betting venues.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-29-2015 02:16 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I DONT CARE WHAT VEGAS SAYS THIS IS A PICK EM GAME, THEY MISSED THAT GAME LAST NIGHT A MILE. BUT SUCKERED ALOT OF PEOPLE.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-29-2015 02:20 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GB, it's going to be a tough game no doubt about it and would not bet the Cats with the current odds.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-29-2015 02:37 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vegas sets an odd on sporting event and let the money determine whether it goes up or down. I don't consider this a sucker bet myself, think it is a decent line for this game. We give Wisconsin match up problems that no one else can. Vegas have not been off too much with their odds on this NCAA tournament.

[ 03-29-2015, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-29-2015 02:48 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
VEGAS LOST ALOT OF MONEY ON THE FIRST 32 GAMES PLAYED.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-29-2015 03:16 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Beam, Vegas do not lose money on these games. My best friend who is a bookie, has cleaned up on the final four this year. He is amazed as to just how close the odds have really been. I have never gambled myself and all I know about Vegas and what they do comes from him. I ask him about sucker bets and he said there is no such thing, that Vegas set the odds based on who they think is the best and the margin they will win by and just let the betting decide whether the spread goes up or down. If you notice, there is not a lot of movement on the original Vegas spreads from the opening line till game time.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-29-2015 05:15 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CHECK AND SEE HOW MANY TOOK KY AND LAYED THE POINTS LAST NIGHT, I HAVE A BIG TIME BOOKIE FRIEND IN LEXINGTON, AND HE SAID ALOT OF PEOPLE GOT SUCKERED LAST NIGHT AFTER THAT BIG 39 POINT WIN.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 03-29-2015 05:38 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's true, but that's not Vegas' fault. They set the line, it shifts based on where the money is being bet. I do occasionally gamble, but no way am I touching this UK team at this point in the season. As you said, they go from a near 40 point beatdown of WV to a squeaker win over ND by 2, who knows what team shows up vs UW? I was in Vegas in Dec and put some money on UK to win it all...not a lot, but I figured if I was going to bet a future bet, this year was the one to do it.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-29-2015 06:09 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Green-Bean:
VEGAS LOST ALOT OF MONEY ON THE FIRST 32 GAMES PLAYED.

Vegas lose money? That ain't happening.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-29-2015 06:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vegas takes the money from the people who lost and gives it to the people who won!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 03-29-2015 07:38 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I won $200 last night taking Notre Dame and the points. I am putting another hundred dollars and taking Wisconsin and the points next weekend.

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-29-2015 07:40 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UNC THATS SMART BETTING, BUT EVERYONE DONT BET THAT SMART.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-29-2015 08:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uncS, you had a good day with the Cats winning and 200 bucks to boot.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 03-30-2015 09:06 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
Vegas takes the money from the people who lost and gives it to the people who won!

Minus their commission, of course. [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com