TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Texas fires Barnes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Texas fires Barnes
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-28-2015 07:04 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found this kind of shocking but I follow Texas very little.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/reports--texas-fires-rick-barnes-after-17-seasons-222104807.html

Posts: 5410 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-28-2015 07:14 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, I follow Texas very close, have known Rick Barnes for about 20 years now and I knew this was coming. Rick did a great job his first few years at Texas but his teams over the past three years have under achieved. He had a ton of talent this year, just did not do much with it. I hate to see this happen but posted on here about two weeks ago that I felt he would be fired.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-28-2015 07:17 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Texas started the season ranked in the top 10 in the land and slowly slid down the rankings from there!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-28-2015 07:21 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC, now I remember that post. Of course I had no ties to Barnes but he seemed like a nice guy and taking a team 16 times to the big dance is quite accomplishment in itself. I didn't know the folks from Texas were as rabid basketball fans as they obviously are. Kentucky fans, yes.

Barnes will land a quality job somewhere.

[ 03-28-2015, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5410 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-28-2015 08:37 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He got a ton of fan support down there Handy. I was down to a game a few years ago and they have some really rabid basketball fans at this football school. They don't travel with the team like UK fans do but they fill the stadium for all home games. I have known Rick from his days at Clemson, have played golf with him several times and even have a Texas golf shirt he sent me a few years ago. Classy individual, hate to see it happen to him. Good family man and he will get a job somewhere else if he wants too.

[ 03-28-2015, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 03-28-2015 08:42 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is Tennessee possibly in his future?? I would love to have him in the SEC...... 16 trips to the dance at Texas is pretty danged good.... And Tennessee NEEDS a name with coaching skills.

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com