TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Kentucky played a decent game, won by 18 in Starkville

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentucky played a decent game, won by 18 in Starkville
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-26-2015 12:25 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A cold and wet night in otherwise lovely Starkville, Ms. ruined Mississippi State’s hopes of a sellout, blackout crowd, but that didn’t keep the Dawgs from playing their Super Bowl against Kentucky tonight. Rick Ray’s boys brought their A-game to the fight, playing some of the better defense UK has seen from SEC foes this season, and doing a few things offensively, too.

Mississippi State was still in the game entering crunch time, trailing by only four points, until the inevitable happened. The inevitable being Kentucky. Kentucky happened all over State’s upset party as the Cats pulled away in the final 10 minutes for a 74-56 victory.

The win moved John Calipari to 8-0 over Mississippi State during his time at UK and added a 28th tally mark to the Cats’ 2014-15 win column. We’re now looking at a 28-0 Kentucky team that continues to get the job done, no matter how frustrating it is when they play down to their opponent’s level.

So before we call it a night here on KSR, let’s talk about the win, and how I was kidding when I called Starkville lovely. It is, and always will be, the blister on America’s ass.

Karl Towns is becoming a double-double machine.

Towns tallied his fourth double-double in the last seven games with 12 points and 10 rebounds. The big guy went 4-for-5 from the field with a monstrous dunk to lead the Kentucky highlight reel — that is, until Aaron Harrison one-upped him moments later.

Towns is a completely different player than the timid kid who got pushed around against North Carolina, and Kentucky is an even better team (if that’s possible) with his improved play.

Watch your back, Okafor.

Oh, hey there, Trey Lyles.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 02-26-2015 03:32 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ELEEM IF MISSISSIPPI WAS A HORSE, STARKVILLE WOULD BE THE ASS END.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-26-2015 05:49 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any road win is a good win. They did not play well and still won, that is the mark of a very good team. I hope they are ready for Arkansas Saturday,Cal said they would only get one practice in preparation of Arkansas because they could not get out of Starksville last night.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 06:22 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought the way he talked in the post game comments they were planning on practicing in Starkville today!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123982 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-26-2015 07:46 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You may be right MHamilton, I just heard him say he would only have one day of practice in preparation for Arkansas on Saturday which would be Friday.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 10:31 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It could go either way, we may come out flat but if I know Cal he will have them ready to play.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-26-2015 11:01 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe he was thinking it was actually Thursday like they sometimes play. Maybe he was thinking today was Friday. Snow will do you that way sometimes. [Big Grin]

But just when you think you can figure out who will be leaving their game changes and you have doubts. The Harrisons still look like they can leave and go in the top 30 of the draft. But Willie and Dakari seemed to be coasting last night. Don't think they impressed to many folk last night. Karl is still the top gun on the team and unless he just wants to stay in school he will be leaving. Trey is still coming on and may work his way into an early out. Booker is good but I still hope he decides to stay for one more with his buddy Tyler.

Posts: 14153 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 12:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really think Dakari, Ulis, Booker will stay and Lyles too. They would all benefit for another year in college basketball.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 01:24 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess we'll know in about 7 more weeks!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 01:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seems like a long time off but it will be here before you know it.

[ 02-26-2015, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 02:22 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it seemed like this season was just starting a few weeks ago too!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 11:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
April 6th Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis) is where we want to be.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-27-2015 06:01 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll be there that weekend!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-27-2015 11:15 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your a lucky man MH and hope our Cat's come with you.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-27-2015 01:01 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
O do too

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-27-2015 01:02 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-27-2015 01:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The place will be jammed with Cat fans!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-27-2015 01:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH, What does your above posts mean?

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-27-2015 01:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got it now. I do too"

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-27-2015 01:20 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, on my phone not as simple as a computer!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-27-2015 02:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No problem, look at all the goofs I make.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com