TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Duke beat Virginia Tech in over-time.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Duke beat Virginia Tech in over-time.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 11:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
VT is 2-12 in conference play and lose 83-80 to Duke. It looks like Duke is not as good as some might think as the 4th best rated team in the country.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-25-2015 11:24 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I knew puke would pull it out, but man I was pulling for VT.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 11:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CFIY, they came so close but you know Duke being Duke wasn't going to lose. They are the chosen one that seems to get every break needed to win.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 11:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It did look like the difference in fouls was pretty close but didn't get to see the whole game. Just knowing Duke you would expect they would get the edge in a close game.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-26-2015 07:49 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And boy did they ever get the edge! It was pretty obvious that they were a lot better than Tech, but Tech didn't get any home floor breaks at all. They did have a chance to win it in regulation, and took a time out with over 10 seconds left. their guard slipped and fell or something before they got a shot off, and puke took a desperate shot at the buzzer, that missed. Had VT got a shot off and hit it, I'd probably not have slept at all last night!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-26-2015 09:38 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, you are the one person on this forum that has the same dislike for Duke as I do. They are my all time dislike team.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-26-2015 10:21 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, I have a younger brother that feels the same way about them.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 10:28 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To me it's not the school, it's the coach, don't even like to write his name. If he was the Kentucky coach I don't think I could pull for Kentucky.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com