TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Coach Cal will be able to roam the sideline at Vanderbilt next year

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coach Cal will be able to roam the sideline at Vanderbilt next year
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-24-2015 10:40 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The coaching boxes in Vanderbilt’s Memorial Gym will be extended next season, thanks to a mandate from the NCAA. Benches will remain behind the baskets on the baseline (still dumb) but head coaches will now be able to roam the sideline up to the scorer’s table.

“The NCAA has asked us to make these changes to our coaching boxes at Memorial Gym, and we have accommodated their request,” Kevin Stallings said today in a statement.

Look at all that room for Coach Cal to be Coach Cal. So much more room for activities.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 02-24-2015 10:52 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I LOVE IT ELEEM I LOVE IT, ELEEM I BOUGHT ME A FIFTY SHADES OF GREY TODAY TEE SHIRT. WENT TO THE BAKERY AND THE WOMEN LOVED IT. [Smile]

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-25-2015 05:57 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One things for sure, Stallings will sure have an opportunity to drop a few pounds with all of that extra walking he'll be doing!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 02-25-2015 10:46 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have never understood why they can't have the teams sit on the side like everyone else. There are other arenas, University of Minnesota comes to mind, that have raised floors and they manage to do that.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-25-2015 10:53 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vandy has that built in home court advantage, where the crowd is further away from the rim as well. Not sure if that makes a difference to shooters or not.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 11:12 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The NCAA should have made the request years ago.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-25-2015 01:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, cmd

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 03:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is going to be a happy camper.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-25-2015 06:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THe thing is, the coach will be a good distance from his bench if he wants to relay something too!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 06:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be the same for all coachs so I don't think it to be a big deal.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-25-2015 06:46 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THe big deal is they are the only school in the nation that doesn't have their benches on the side lines!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 11:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess we just have to differ and it is what it is.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 06:09 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's just me, but I think the NCAA should rule that they need to move their benches to the side line!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 11:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we should leave that up to the NCAA and abide by their findings.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 12:54 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's with any rule, cmd. No matter what the ncaa says we have to play by their rules

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 10:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You got that right, MH.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com