TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » KAT has a strange friend! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: KAT has a strange friend!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-21-2015 01:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Towns sounds like a fun guy and keeps the team in good spirits.

Kentucky coach John Calipari doesn’t consider freshman Karl-Anthony Towns “weird” even if he does have one habit that might seem a bit odd at least.

“Karl, he’s a character. He’s pretty funny,” said freshman teammate Tyler Ulis Friday. “He does this thing where he looks down and he’s like talking to somebody. You never know who he’s talking to. It’s like he’s talking to himself and stuff like that. We just — Karl, he’s a different type of kid.”

Ulis says Towns is likely to talk to himself “when he does something good.”

“He looks down and it’s like he’s talking to himself. Coach Cal calls it Karlito. Just stuff like that is really funny with Karl. He’s just a different type of kid,” Ulis said.

Kentucky coach John Calipari was a bit amused Friday when he learned that Ulis had revealed Towns’ secret identity.

“So you interviewed Karl today? Or did you interview Karlito?” Calipari asked. “He’s such a great kid. He doesn’t want to talk back to you, so he turns his head to the side and talks to that little man on his shoulder. And after he started doing it, I said, ‘Who are you talking to?’ And I can’t remember which of the coaches gave it the nickname: ‘He’s talking to Karlito.’

“He’s a great kid. They’re 18 and 19. They play an awful game and they’re photobombing. They’re young kids. They don’t know better. That’s fine.”

Towns, one of the team’s most articulate players, was surprised when he found out that Ulis had revealed his secret.

“Oh God. All the mysteries gotta come out about me today. Yeah, we have a friend of mine, on my shoulder who I call ‘Karlito,’ so supposedly it’s the little guy who talks to me before every time I’m doing something,” Towns said. “That’s what Cal always gets on me about, so if you hear him say ‘Karlito’ he’s not talking to me. It’s on my shoulder.”

Towns wasn’t sure whether to call it self-talk, inner dialogue” or something else.

“But I know one thing, I do talk to myself. I don’t know why, but I (have) some good conversations with myself. We could really put down that book and it be a best-seller,” Towns said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-22-2015 09:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe this is the second coming of the Mini-Penny. (Hardaway)

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-22-2015 10:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Towns is a special person and sure will be missed next season both on and off the court.

[ 02-23-2015, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-23-2015 04:41 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's funny how you get drawn into their antics and their lives in such a short period of time!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-23-2015 12:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The good thing new players come in so quickly and the process starts all over again. The list of players that have played for Cal and professionally is amazing. It would be interesting to know how much money his players have made over the years.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-23-2015 06:52 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Slice Roherson said he gave KAT the idea!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-23-2015 08:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KAT, can talk to anyone he wants if it makes him a better basketball player even if it does seem a bit odd.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-23-2015 09:56 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's just silly kids being silly kids!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 11:54 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How about all the silly things us as UK fans do. [Wink]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-24-2015 08:37 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YOu mean like spending hours a day on a web site blogging back and forth?

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 08:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep, that we do! [Smile]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-24-2015 09:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SOme of us still hold down a full time job, CMD!
I gotta keep the lights on in Rupp, you know!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 10:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your time will come MH, but enjoy what your doing while you can. Old age isn't for sissy's I can promise you that.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-25-2015 06:00 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm already feeling the aches and pains of Arthur!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 01:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's only going to get worse so you better enjoy it will you can.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-25-2015 02:16 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I get up or down, there are sound effects.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 03:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there a strange odor after the sound effects? [Wink]

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-25-2015 04:15 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope, not usually. They are usually grunts and groans.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 11:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope it's more groans than grunts.

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-26-2015 01:46 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I climb up and down helicopters everyday. I'm on a crew where I'm 47, and the next oldest guy is 31. We have to work in some tight spots, sometimes when I get up my joints creek the young guys laugh and call me paw paw. But I tell you this they have to bust their backsides to keep up with me.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 06:14 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You and I are the same age, rlt. Guys in the weight room have teh same issue with me. They try to keep up, but I've got a few years head start on them! [Big Grin]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 06:15 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do get creaks and pops in my joints from time to time though. Is there an oil I can purchase to make the creaks go away? [Wink]

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 10:46 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, experience far out weighs youth in most every occupation including working on helicopters. [Wink]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 12:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Power plant work is the same way. Experience beats the heck out of a speed mechanic any day

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 12:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Experience in any field is huge.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 01:25 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that is unless you are an athlete. A lot of times speed will beat experience! Now I didn't say every time!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 01:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That right MH, sometimes.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 02:22 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal's got our boys back working hard already this morning! They practiced in Starkville this morning!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 03:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We need them ready for the Hogs on Saturday.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 03:24 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arkansas will try to run us out of the gym but just don't thing the have the talent to match up with us. It's going to be a fun game to watch.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 10:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd be surprised if they try and run us out of the gym

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-26-2015 10:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arkansas does press better than Florida, though!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 11:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You bet they can press but hopefully we will combat that with our bigs and taking good care of the ball.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2015 11:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting how we will attack Arkansas as we will not have played a team like them all season.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-27-2015 06:09 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This isn't going to be the first press we've seen all season!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-27-2015 10:06 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have seen presses this season but we haven't seen a press like Arkansas's. Arkansas has been noted for their press for years and this years team is no different. The good thing is we have good ball handlers that should handle it and you can bet Cal has them ready for it.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-27-2015 12:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Throwing over a press is always fun, too

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-27-2015 01:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know about fun but it can be effective that's for sure.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-27-2015 06:51 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always thought it was fun, anyway! [Wink]

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-27-2015 10:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You sound like a fun guy MH, and hopefully the Cats will make it fun for all of us on Saturday afternoon.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com