TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal says Ulis is a little bit beat up!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal says Ulis is a little bit beat up!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-20-2015 05:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet he will get limited minutes and Hawkins gets some minutes.

Kentucky coach John Calipari revealed Friday that freshman point guard Tyler Ulis is “playing at about 75 percent” right now because of nagging injuries.

“Tyler is a little bit beat up,” said Calipari. “He has been beat up for a couple of months now. I told him the option was to take two months off of practice or figure this out.

“If you are looking at him, he is probably playing about 75 percent. But he plays through it and gets the ice on right after it.’

Calipari also warned that Auburn would play “really hard” Saturday night for coach Bruce Pearl and not back down from UK.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 02-20-2015 06:47 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ulis is gonna be beat up until he gets a little stronger, and puts on about 20 or 25 pounds. which he will.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-21-2015 11:00 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis has a very bright future, no doubt about that.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 02-21-2015 04:58 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I LOVE ULIS, BUT I LOVE EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WE HAVE , AND THE KIDS THAT WIPE THE FLORR, LOVE EVERY THING ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF KY, MY BROTHER RIP, RETIRED AFTE 35 YEARS OF KEEPING THAT CAMPUS BEAUTIFUL, AS HE WAS THE SUPERVISOR OVER THE ENTIRE CAMPUS, EVEN THE PRESIDENTS HOUSE.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 02-21-2015 05:13 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GB - Physical Plant Director?
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-22-2015 09:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My sister has worked in the Forestry Dept since '78!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123989 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-22-2015 09:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She's partly to blame for the reason I'm such a rabid CATS FAN today!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-22-2015 10:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis only played 16 minutes last night but still got double digit points. He looks like he is going to be in good shape the rest of the season. Hope so anyway.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-22-2015 10:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are going to need him 100% healthy by tournament time.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-23-2015 04:34 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He'll be fine. Everyone's body handles the daily pounding on the hardwood a little differently. Shin splints are a tough injury to heal from!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-23-2015 01:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way we have platooned all season is going to help us at tournament time with well rested players.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 01:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would bet Ulis will get plenty of treatment and rest because he is crucial to have in top form come tournament time. They may even keep him out of the MSU game tomorrow night.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 02-24-2015 04:06 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildcatFanatic:
GB - Physical Plant Director?

YES

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-24-2015 08:55 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Cal will let Ulis play if he feels up to it!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 08:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they will more apt to play it safe and make sure Ulis gets better before taking him on a road trip where the weather is going to be horrible. He has to be in top form come tournament time.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-24-2015 09:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess we'll know more in about 22 hours!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 09:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal and the doctors know the complete Ulis situation and will do the right thing. You can bet they will not take any undue chances with his health.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-24-2015 10:03 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SHin splints are just a minor thing that players have to work through, just like excessive cramping!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 10:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had them when I played years ago and they are not easy to play with. I know exactly how he feels.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-24-2015 10:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shin splints can bring you to your knees in a heart beat. I'm sure they have new ways to treat it now.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-25-2015 04:59 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YEah, it's been a couple of years since I was in a training room as well!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-25-2015 01:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Tyler plays I be the coachs cut his minutes down.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-25-2015 05:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
75 minutes until showtime

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com