TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » HAWKINS

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HAWKINS
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-30-2015 12:33 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HE LOOKED PRETTY GOOD LAST NIGHT, WHAT GETS ME HE STARTS, AND DOES PRETTY GOOD I THINK, AND THEN HE GOES TO THE BENCH AND WE DONT SEE HIM NO MORE TILL END OF GAME. [Confused]

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-30-2015 01:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It looks that way GB but Cal see's him every day in practice and knows his capabilities and would think if he deserved more playing time he would be playing more. That's why Cal makes the big bucks and we are on message boards. [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-30-2015 01:02 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like to see Mr. Hawkins get in the game. He had some very solid play for the Cats last season and just slipped down the depth chart, this season. He hustles.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-30-2015 01:32 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Too many guards. He has to give the Harrisons playing time like last night to help them get their draft status higher so they can leave. Last thing we want is for them to HAVE to return due to low ranking. Plus we would like to encourage Newman to sign for next year. Hawkins does a great job on defense but he makes a mistake or two and he's gone.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 01-30-2015 01:49 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Harrisons said they would be here for 4 years when they came. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them back next year.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-30-2015 03:53 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He got two fouls on himself real early in the first half which cut back on his minutes. He had two fouls by the time the second unit came on the floor.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-31-2015 09:32 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have 3 talented point guards in Andrew, Ulis and Hawkins. We also have Briscoe coming in next year. It's very possible that none of our point guards will leave as none of them are locks to be drafted by the NBA. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. We are allowed 13 scholarship players on a Div.1 basketball team and with 4 point guards it could become a bit of a problem.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-31-2015 10:55 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THE TWINS ARE GONE. REGARDLESS WHERE THEY ARE DRAFTED, ANDREW IS SETTING HIMSELF UP NOW TO MOVE INTO A DECENT SPOT TO BE DRAFTED, AND AARON WILL TOO. I SEE THEM BOTH STARTING TO COME INTO THEIR OWN RIGHT NOW.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
phillrose1
Player
Member # 2916

posted 01-31-2015 11:14 AM      Profile for phillrose1     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The twins have been playing well these past few games and I am hoping they can play themselves into a draft position. I do believe that Booker will be gone as well. Next year we will have Matthews, Briscoe, Ulis and Hawkins. Hopefully Newman as well. The post players we have next year are a much bigger question.

--------------------
Being defeated is a temporary condition, giving up makes it permanent.

Posts: 84 | From: Va Beach | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-31-2015 11:20 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GB, that maybe true but if I were Andrew or Aaron I wouldn't go out and buy a Maserati quite yet.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-31-2015 06:45 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He should get some minutes tonight with Lyles not dressed!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-31-2015 10:22 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hawkins only logged 9 minutes tonight!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-31-2015 10:23 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He finished with 1 rebound 1 foul 1 assist no points on 0-1 shooting!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-31-2015 10:24 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just don't think that after the start, if Hawkins doesn't show a little drive towards the basket, Cal just pulls him for the rest of the game!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-31-2015 10:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal thought Ulis and Andrew were his best options tonight.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-31-2015 10:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He made a good decision too!

[ 02-01-2015, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-31-2015 10:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's Cal makes the big bucks and very deserving too.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-31-2015 11:07 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THey actually finished with the exact same number of minutes tonight. 28

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-01-2015 06:27 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is one of the best coaches in the land, NO DOUBT!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-01-2015 07:33 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coach Cal has continued to face one of his biggest challenges in his career by keeping all of this talent happy!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-01-2015 11:05 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3 players ended up with 28 minutes on the floor, Ulis, WCS and Andrew.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-01-2015 11:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Towns had a great first half but only ended up with 15 minutes of court time because of fouling out.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-01-2015 11:09 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would bet it will be a big priority to work with Towns on his defensive play and keeping him from reaching and to stay in front of the man he is guarding.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-01-2015 11:10 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Cal's biggest challenge this season was to be able to get each one of his McDonald All-Americans to buy in on playing less minutes and focusing in on a National Championship rather than their individual play. It helped a lot having some very savy upper-classmen who helped these young super stars realize that at Kentucky the team comes first. It also helped having players like KAT, Ulis, Lyles and Booker who all have great attitudes picking up on the "team first" attitude. I also think Poythress even though he is not on the floor playing is the silent leader of this team and a person that all the players look up to for guidance. You put all that together and you have one special team with a coach who is melding them into one UK's all time great teams.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com