TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » WHY KANSAS IS NUMBER 1 IN RPI.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHY KANSAS IS NUMBER 1 IN RPI.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-29-2015 07:14 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I KNOW WE BEAT EM EARLY, BUT THEY WILL BE A DANGEROUS TEAM, IN THE TOURNEY, SELF KNOWS HOW TO DEVELOP HIS PLAYERS. IMO.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/1/28/7922527/kansas-jayhawks-kentucky-wildcats-rpi-strength-of-schedule

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-29-2015 10:00 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G-B, Not a lot to argue with there but I sure would like our chances if we get to play Kansas in the tournament.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-29-2015 10:08 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I personally think the Big 12 is a highly overrated conference which is why Kansas are getting such a strong RPI. We have beaten two top ten teams that are presently top ten, Kansas and Louisville and this RPI is really a distorted figure. Texas are flaming out, West Virginia are very beatable as is Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. I don't consider their conference much stronger than the SEC, if at all.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-29-2015 10:23 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both Arkansas and LSU are 16-4 teams and Georgia and Texas A&M are 14-5 teams. There is no doubt the conference isn't real strong except for the Cats but other than the Atlantic Coast the SEC is as good as any conference.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-29-2015 02:13 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure the ACC is any better than the SEC or any other conference.

What I have seen, which is very little of other college basketball teams, all of the conferences are about equal this year. I am beginning to believe that there are two dominant teams this year in College Basketball: UK and Arizona. When the season started I thought there were several, but I don't think that is the case now. I haven't watched Virginia play a minute of basketball so maybe they deserve consideration as a dominant team as well, but my gut tells me they can not compete with UK and Arizona.

SCWC would probably be able to give the best opinion on this though because I know he still watches a lot of college games.

[ 01-29-2015, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-29-2015 04:53 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YEAH TREY, SCWC WOULD KNOW, HE IS ONE OF THE MOST ASTUTE, POSTERS ON THE BOARD, HE KNOWS HIS BASKETBALL, VERY SMART MAN.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-30-2015 02:19 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When Kentucky is in a lean year, I sweat over rankings and strength of schedule. When Kentucky is having a dominant season, I don't care about rankings. I always want as many of the SEC teams to make the tourney as possible and for them to do well.

As we saw last season, a team that barely makes it into the tourney, can win the whole thing. Anybody can win, if they get hot at tourney time. UConn was a 7th seed in the tourney. That means that there were at least 24 other teams that the selection committee thought were better than them and they went into the tourney with 8 losses.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com