TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Duke vs Notre Dame

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Duke vs Notre Dame
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 01-28-2015 09:26 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was a heck of a game, Duke didn't make their free throws. Okafor couldn't throw it in when needed. Free throws kill you...
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 01-28-2015 09:28 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not one player over 6-6 for ND. Duke is no great shakes...
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-28-2015 09:30 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MAkes Virginia's win in South Bend look even better!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 01-28-2015 09:31 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Old Norm...where are you???
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-28-2015 09:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see where Virginia rated number 2 and Gonzaga is number 3!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-28-2015 09:33 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's probably popping open his celebratory cold one!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-28-2015 09:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Duke was 4 but will drop after their loss tonight.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 01-28-2015 09:39 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can see now, foul Okafor in the close games...50% foul shooter
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-28-2015 09:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess coach K isn't teaching his players how to shoot free throws.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-28-2015 09:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Duke was only 10-20 from the line...

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-28-2015 09:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Duke for the year is making 70% of their free throws.

--------------------

rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 01-28-2015 09:52 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Evidently shooting free throws is a lost art although UK has been getting better!
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-28-2015 09:57 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rupps runt65:

I was quite busy. Had a bunch of people here, including three of my sons and a couple of their musician friends. Mike is my oldest son and Steve is the third one. Dennis is one of their friends, and teaches school at Fort Knox. He drove over 120 mile down here, one way, for this. Here is my facebook post about it:

Steve made a remark to his friend Dennis, that if he had plenty of money, he'd buy Mike a really good guitar. Dennis said Mike was too good to be playing that old Peavy, and he thought they ought to pitch in and get him a really good one. Steve quizzed Mike about what he thought would be the best guitar for his type of music, and Mike told him if he could have anything he wanted, it would be a Gibson Les Paul model. Steve and Dennis looked around on line and found one in New York, for a reasonable (but still high) price. The whole family and Dennis, pitched in and Steve went ahead and purchased it. They all came here this evening to have supper and to "practice", and they told Mike they wanted him to evaluate this guitar, for a friend. After Mike gave it his stamp of approval, they told him it was his. To say he was flabbergasted, would be putting it rather mildly. However, I do believe that those of us that got it for him were more excited than he was. There were even some tears shed. They are in the living room now, rocking out!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-28-2015 09:58 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Needless to say, I am tickled pink about the game!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 01-28-2015 10:05 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, a full nite indeed, aint nothin like family and that is more important than anything. Of course when Duke gets beat we all think of you Norm...
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-29-2015 12:14 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My family does trump my intense dislike of the dirty blue devils.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-29-2015 02:05 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
I guess coach K isn't teaching his players how to shoot free throws.

I GUESS NO ONE IS TEACHING LEE HOW TO SHOOT FREE THROWS FOR US, LEE SHOOTS 28 PERCENT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 01-29-2015 03:12 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How many times has a UK team lost due to poor FT shooting? I am glad we're doing better this season.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-29-2015 03:22 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A national championship last season.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-29-2015 07:01 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU!!! [Wink]

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 01-29-2015 12:32 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
My family does trump my intense dislike of the dirty blue devils.

That was a very cool story Norm. Thanks for sharing that.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-29-2015 02:07 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
quote:
Originally posted by rupps runt65:

I was quite busy. Had a bunch of people here, including three of my sons and a couple of their musician friends. Mike is my oldest son and Steve is the third one. Dennis is one of their friends, and teaches school at Fort Knox. He drove over 120 mile down here, one way, for this. Here is my facebook post about it:

Steve made a remark to his friend Dennis, that if he had plenty of money, he'd buy Mike a really good guitar. Dennis said Mike was too good to be playing that old Peavy, and he thought they ought to pitch in and get him a really good one. Steve quizzed Mike about what he thought would be the best guitar for his type of music, and Mike told him if he could have anything he wanted, it would be a Gibson Les Paul model. Steve and Dennis looked around on line and found one in New York, for a reasonable (but still high) price. The whole family and Dennis, pitched in and Steve went ahead and purchased it. They all came here this evening to have supper and to "practice", and they told Mike they wanted him to evaluate this guitar, for a friend. After Mike gave it his stamp of approval, they told him it was his. To say he was flabbergasted, would be putting it rather mildly. However, I do believe that those of us that got it for him were more excited than he was. There were even some tears shed. They are in the living room now, rocking out!

America!!!!! I love it and the people in it. Have your son rock one for me Old Norm! Great story! :,)

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 836 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-29-2015 02:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rr, the Cats are getting a little better and are up to 68.8% which is the 144th best free throw shooting team in country.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com