TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal worries about team energy not unbeaten season

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal worries about team energy not unbeaten season
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 03:20 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has his priorities right on.

Kentucky coach John Calipari said Tuesday that one game is “not life and death” and that he has not talked to his team about the possibility of an unbeaten season going into Thursday night’s game at Missouri, a team UK beat by 39 points earlier this season.

“Our whole thing is energy. If we play with energy, we have a chance,” said Calipari. “The thought of winning or going undefeated, we are not talking about that. We are talking energy. How do we sustain energy? How do we come when teams come after us and still have fun? It’s all those things. I am worried about our team. I am not going to talk much about Missouri today. I am going to talk about us.”

Calipari said he’s not sure what his players want in regard to an unbeaten season.

“We don’t ever talk about it. It has never entered my mind,” Calipari said.

in the national title game before missed free throws cost it a championship. But he also noted that Tennessee went the other way after upsetting No. 1 Memphis.
He recalled his unbeaten team at Memphis that lost at the buzzer at home to Tennessee when the Tigers made a late turnover and the Vols hit a 3-pointer to win.

“Was that lucky for us or unlucky? Depends on how you handle it,” Calipari said.

He pointed out that UK’s 2012 national championship team lost at Indiana and both teams went on to have successful season before UK eliminated the Hoosiers in NCAA play.

“It was pretty good for them (beating UK) but not so lucky they had beat us earlier because no way was my team not going to win that (NCAA) game,” Calipari said. “So we will deal with things as they come.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 01-27-2015 06:31 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal doesn't talk strategy very often. Always toughness and energy. I'm glad we have a great recruiter and NBA development coach like Cal, but personally, I'd like to see more strategy and offensive sets that free up our shooters. Guess you can't ask for everything! Of course it will help tremendously when our Bigs start making those shots near the basket.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 08:23 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That what makes Hawkins and Lee bring to the floor for this team! ENERGY!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 09:16 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Cal would like to see Willis bring a lot more energy to the floor when his number is called too!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 09:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willis's time will come and when it does he will be a special payer.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 09:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willis has a boatload of talent and he is learning a lot watching his teammates and when his number is called he will be ready.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 09:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lee to me is like the energizer bunny.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 10:04 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hat's what coach counts on too!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 10:20 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lee get's lots of playing time for the way he plays and if he get's his shooting percentages up he will be going to the NBA and play there too.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-28-2015 06:24 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like willie, he needs to start taking shots away from teh basket just a little!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com