TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal trusts his players...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal trusts his players...
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 06:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How much does John Calipari trust his team? Let the University of Kentucky coach explain:

“Part of the thing today is they’re getting three days off.,” Calipari said after Saturday’s win at South Carolina. “I told them, ‘You get three days off.’ They get the rest of today off, they’re getting Sunday off, Monday’s an individual work day. Like, they’re going to get individual work but it’s not going to be a practice day.

“And they gave a great effort. We didn’t shoot around this morning. I gave them the option: Do you want to come in and shoot around in the morning? We’d have had to get up at 7 o’clock in the morning (or) a little earlier and come in and shoot. And I said, ‘Take four or five minutes, decide.’ They decided in 15 seconds. They didn’t want to come and shoot around. Let’s shoot our half-court shot. So we shot that last night.

“I trust them. I trust them that they understand it’s not about being lazy or doing what’s easiest. What is right for them? I’m trying to give them days off because the effort they’re playing with is crazy. So they need to make sure they’re getting healthy, that they’re regenerating.

“I got a good team with good players and we’re still not where we need to be but we’re moving in the right direction.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-26-2015 09:20 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I WISH THEY WOULD SHOOT SOME FREE THROWS, THEM SCARE ME WHEN IT COMES TOURNEY TIME, IT HURTS US HAVING LEE, OR DAKARI IN GAME, EVEN THOUGH DAKARI SHOOTS A LITTLE BETTER, EVEN WILLIE NOT VERY GOOD ON FREE THROWS. POOR OL LEE SHOOTS ABOUT 22% . BUT I LOVE LEES GAME.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 09:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's really only Lyles, Lee, Dakari and WCS that are holding us down as the rest of the teams shoots them real well.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-26-2015 09:31 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EVEN MIGHTY MOUSE, ULIS KNOCKS DOWN THEM FREE THROWS.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 09:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mighty Mouse shoots them at 74%. We can live with anything above 70 %.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-26-2015 09:53 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
heck yeah if we hit 70% we are living in high cotton.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 06:38 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willie is shooting in the 80 percentile over the last 4 or 5 games!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 09:27 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willie is shooting 72% over the last 5 games.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 09:28 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willie is shooting 85.7% over the last 4 games.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 07:16 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I knew I'd heard Tom Leach say on the coaches call in show last night that WCS was shooting up in the 80's. He just hasn't taken very many!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 09:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The good thing is the trend is higher and certainly better than the 48% he shot at the line last season.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 09:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Cal would like to see him get more opportunities there!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 11:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WCS sure plays hard enough to get fouled a lot and would bet if he keeps playing like he has he will get many more trips to the line,

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-28-2015 06:38 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He still needs to work harder on the glass!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-29-2015 03:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willie is our leading rebounder with 6.7 rebounds a game while playing 24 minutes a game.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-30-2015 12:00 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He sure had a tough game tonight against Missouri.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-30-2015 06:45 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he'll come out of the funk, just got to give him some time!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-30-2015 10:23 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have played 23 games which is more than half our season and after watching last night's game I honestly think our players look worse than they did in the first game. It looks like the players are afraid to make a play instead of being aggressive. The game should be fun and we are not seeing a team that is having fun and until they get their confidence back and we see some smiles it won't be the same team we saw in the Bahamas.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com