TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal is fine with Andrew's play

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal is fine with Andrew's play
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 06:24 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If one thing Andrew needs is confidence and Cal knows it.

The more Kentucky coach John Calipari tries to defend the play of sophomore point guard Andrew Harrison, the more the numbers tell a different story.

Harrison had another off game Saturday at South Carolina in UK’s 15-point win. He was just 1-for-5 from the field and had four points, two assists and two turnovers. His effort seemed fine, but his execution and decision making were often off and numerous times Calipari was visibly upset with him during the game.

The last 10 games have produced too many of those moments for Harrison, who Calipari said last week gets blamed for the rain, interstate automobile accidents and about everything else by disgruntled UK fans. But in the last 10 games, he has missed 50 of 64 shots and is hitting just 22 percent from the field. To his credit, he has 42 assists and only 23 turnovers, nearly a 2-to-1 ratio that Calipari likes from a point guard.

“I’m fine with him. I thought he finished the game good, made some free throws that we needed, ran the game pretty good. He and Tyler (Ulis) can play together. I like the fact that he missed two and then he came back and made that third one instead of the two misses absolutely caving him in,” said Calipari.

But what about getting on Harrison so much during the game?

“Mainly I’m asking him to do what we do. ‘Why did you make that play? You know how we play.’ That’s more of that. And the other thing is, ‘play with more energy man, be more active,’” Calipari said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 06:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Cal is realizing that Andrew fits the mold of a shooting guard and is using him with Ulis on the court with him. With the two of them on the court at the same time it sure opens up the floor and it's going to make for some good drives and dishes to our bigs to the basket.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 08:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew will do well with Ulis as it gives him a opportunity to work against players that are not as quick as a point guard and should be easier for him to drive on.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 06:32 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew is just going thorugh a soph slump. He'll be fine!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 11:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Usually if a player stays they get better. You would think for sure Andrew would get better with the talent level of this years team especially a point guard who's main job is being a facilitator .

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com