TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » WE HAVE 4 GREAT GUARDS.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WE HAVE 4 GREAT GUARDS.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-24-2015 02:15 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I LOVE OUR GUARDS, IT TAKES GREAT GUARDS TO WIN TITLE AND WE HAVE THEM.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-24-2015 02:33 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We can give any team I have seen match up problems at the guard spots. WE now need to get our inside players rebounding and scoring better to keep the pressure off our guards.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-24-2015 03:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OUr guards have been doing most of the scoring for us as of late! They had 35 of our 58 points today!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123989 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-24-2015 03:27 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aaron rebounded the ball very well today!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-24-2015 03:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our guards had 9 of our 28 rebounds today! They were active on both ends of the floor!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-24-2015 03:52 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal went with a 3 guard line up for a good portion of the game today!

--------------------

AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 01-24-2015 05:47 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it just me does Cal feel it necessary to defend Andrew Harrison? Almost as though the hype Ulis has created recently has caused a rift in his system. Every time Cal is asked about how well Ulis or Booker has been doing he says "so has Andrew". Not to take anything away from Ulis I dont think but to remind the media that Andrew is our #1 pg.
Posts: 369 | From: Ashland KY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-24-2015 06:13 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have noticed that too Ashtuckfan. I personally do not see Andrew having the talent to play in the NBA. I feel Aaron is the better of the twins. I hope for his sake he does get to the NBA but the way he is playing, which is not that bad but not that good will not get him too many NBA looks. They are very good college guards but after watching Treyball's video of the NBA player score 37 points in one quarter, tough to put any of our players in that category except maybe Booker.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-24-2015 08:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a very tough situation and it isn't going to be a happy ending for someone. Their is only so many minutes at the point and Cal is going to have to make the decision on who deserves the minutes. I guess this is why he makes the big bucks.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-24-2015 09:07 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WELL THERE IS NO DOUBT, ULIS IS THE BETTER POINT GUARD, ANDREW IS BETTER SUITED FOR A TWO OR 3 SPOT, ULIS AND BOOKER ARE AS GOOD AS ANY COMBINATION BACKCOURT IN THE COUNTRY IMO.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 01-24-2015 10:08 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis is the better college pg no doubt, but his height(or lack there of) will likely keep him at UK longer than we think.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-24-2015 10:17 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AshTuckyUKfan:
Ulis is the better college pg no doubt, but his height(or lack there of) will likely keep him at UK longer than we think.

EXACTLY ASHTUCKY, AND I WILL BE GLAD TO HAVE HIM, HE IS A REAL POINT GUARD, AND HE KNOWS THAT IS WHAT HE IS, LOVES TO MAKE OTHERS BETTER. BACK OFF THE LITTLE GUY AND HE WILL MAKE U PAY, MUCH LIKE RONNIE LYONS DID BACK IN THE DAY.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 12:02 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the twins size, it's also the reason why Cal can go to a 3 guard line up and not lose hardly anything on the defensive end of the floor. Naturally with Ulis, Booker and one of the twins on the floor at the same time. You have more ball handlers and good shooters all at the same time!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 12:05 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There will be times when we will need 3 ball handlers and with this team we have the players to do it.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 12:06 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have the shooters too so we can match up with most any team.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 12:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The great thing is we also have bigs that can be inter-changed as well.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 12:27 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WIth the amount of talent this team puts on the floor it isn't very often that we should/would face a matchup problem!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 12:38 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the other hand, we crate many matchup problems for our opponents!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 12:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have 12 more conference games left and 6 games at Rupp and 6 games on the road so there is a lot more basketball left to be played.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 12:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looking at the schedule LSU at their place "looks" to be the one that will be the toughest. It seems though just when you think your doing well someone who you don't expect comes up and surprises you.

--------------------

AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 01-25-2015 12:43 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Green-Bean:
quote:
Originally posted by AshTuckyUKfan:

EXACTLY ASHTUCKY, AND I WILL BE GLAD TO HAVE HIM, HE IS A REAL POINT GUARD, AND HE KNOWS THAT IS WHAT HE IS, LOVES TO MAKE OTHERS BETTER. BACK OFF THE LITTLE GUY AND HE WILL MAKE U PAY, MUCH LIKE RONNIE LYONS DID BACK IN THE DAY.
A PG has to be extra special is he is only 5'9", the NBA is loaded with special PG's with height as well...it would not surprise me if Ulis is a 4 yr player, which would be amazing for us UK fans.
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 02:16 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, Ash. It'd going to take some work to convince scouts that Tyler, at his size can handle being a point guard at the NBA level!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 02:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he can handle the best college competition he sure has a good shot of playing in the NBA. Let's see how he does the rest of the year and in tournament play.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 03:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He needs to continue to work on his tear drop runner. As I fear his size will prevent him from getting more two point opportunities otherwise!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 06:33 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis' three point shot also will help his draftability !

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-25-2015 07:55 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Ulis is a tremendous college PG, but his chances of ever playing in the NBA are slim at his size. Here is a the list of players in the history of the NBA who were 5'9" or smaller and played more than 82 games (a NBA season) in their career. There are two currently active players: Nate Robinson and Isiah Thomas.

Calvin Murphy - 1,002 games last played in 1983
Mugsy Bogues - 889 games last played in 2001
Spud Webb - 814 games last played in 1998
Earl Boykins - 652 games last played in 2012
Nate Robinson - 574 games played to date
Charlie Chriss - 418 games last played in 1985
Greg Grant - 274 games last played in 1996
Isiah Thomas - 216 games played to date
Keith Jennings - 164 games last played in 1995
Angelo Musi - 161 games last played in 1949
Ralph O'Brian - 119 games last played in 1953
Don Marin - 92 games last played in 1952

In addition to these 12 there have been another 12 who played anywhere from 4 games to 65 games. Most of them played in the 1940's.

I hope he makes it in the NBA, but if he doesn't he can have a great professional career over seas. That is where a lot of under size players go and do well: Melvin Watson, Devin Downey, and Tyus Edney come to mind.

[ 01-26-2015, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 09:27 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those odds aren't in his favor are they? One things for sure, YOU CAN'T TEACH SIZE!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 08:57 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The odds are not in his favor for sure but it has been done before as in Trey's list. If he signs a contract he will have a good start in life as today's pay scale is lucrative.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 08:58 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH, you are right you can't teach size. [Wink]

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-26-2015 09:03 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HES NOT 5FT 9 IMO, ABOUT 5FT7. IMO

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 12:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You could right GB but it's hard to tell and depends on how they measure the players. You would think it would be without shoes but you never know. I would bet too that it's closer to 5'7".

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 06:18 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Either way he is quite small for the NBA!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 09:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis will have his work cut out for him to even get a chance to play in the NBA.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 09:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Then Darn IT... [Wink] ...I guess we'll have to keep him for three more years!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 10:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That wouldn't be bad for us or Ulis. It's a win win deal.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 10:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We would win a ton of games with Ulis at the point.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 10:09 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe we will win a bunch a games too!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 11:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will always win games like we always have and we will do it with or with out Ulis. Hopefully Ulis will get a NBA contract but if he doesn't get one this year he will get another chance next year. His size really hurts him but his heart and desire are huge.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-28-2015 06:39 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd be surprised to see Ulis get offered a look before at least after his junior year. He's still got a lot of growing to do!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com