TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal vs Antigua in Orlando Nov. 22nd...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal vs Antigua in Orlando Nov. 22nd...
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-22-2015 07:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is one game that I will get to see God willing and know that ukcatfannfl will be there too. YES!!!

The Kentucky men’s basketball team will recognize a familiar face on the opposing bench when it plays South Florida next season in the inaugural Hoophall Miami Invitational in Miami.

UK will play former assistant coach Orlando Antigua’s South Florida Bulls on Nov. 27 in a doubleheader in American Airlines Arena, home of the Miami Heat. South Florida will return the trip and play the Wildcats in Rupp Arena during the 2016-17 season.

“The Hoophall Miami Invitational is yet another opportunity for us to reach the Big Blue Nation in another part of the country,” head coach John Calipari said. “We have the greatest fans in the college basketball, so to give our fans in Miami an opportunity to see us seemed like an easy decision for us. Not only is it a Hall of Fame event, we also get to play against Orlando, who played such an instrumental part in what we have tried to build here. We are looking forward to the trip to Miami and South Florida’s return visit in 2016.”

Antigua, the Bulls’ head coach, served as an assistant at Kentucky under Calipari for five seasons before leaving to take the head-coaching position at South Florida. In Antigua’s five seasons at UK, the Wildcats won a national championship, went to three Final Fours and guided 19 players to the NBA Draft.
The Hoophall Miami Invitational is the culmination of two separate multi-team events. Campus-round games will take place for UK, South Florida, Ohio State and Memphis in two brackets. A full schedule of those games and opponents will be released at a later date.

Tickets for the 2015 Hoophall Miami Invitational will go on sale to the general public on Jan. 31 at 10 a.m., via Ticketmaster.com.

The addition of South Florida adds to a strong nonconference slate for the Wildcats in the 2015-16 season, which already features Duke in Chicago in the Champions Classic, UCLA in Los Angeles in the first game of a home-and-home series, Louisville in Rupp Arena, and Ohio State in the CBS Sports Classic in Brooklyn, N.Y.

In 2016-17, South Florida will join a nonconference schedule for Kentucky that includes Michigan State in New York in the Champions Classic, UCLA in the second year of the home-and-home series, at Louisville, and North Carolina in Las Vegas in the CBS Sports Classic.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-23-2015 09:24 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SO this means you'll be required to give TCD a report of the experience when you get back, RIght?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-23-2015 09:42 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IF WE GET ANY RECRUITS THIS WILL NOT BE A GAME, BUT MONEY FOR ANTIGUA, TEAM.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-23-2015 09:51 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe coach is trying to recruit in Florida?

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-23-2015 10:14 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal just looks for the "best" players no matter where they live. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-23-2015 10:36 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's got folks shaking the bushes everywhere .

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-23-2015 10:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He travels the world! [Wink]

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-25-2015 06:30 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HE MUST NOT TRAVELED TO FRANKLIN OHIO CAUSE HE DID NOT OFFER KENNARD A SCHOLARSHIP, BUT I KNOW WHY, I THINK, BUT HE WILL REGRET IT. HES MORE OF A DUKE PLAYER ANYWAY.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 10:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal "did" offer Kennard and Kennard and his family were over-joyed with the offer but in the end they decided that Duke was the school that he wanted to go to. We can't get them all and it will be interesting to see how he performs at Duke.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 11:23 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we will survive with out him and wouldn't be surprised one bit if we will find and play a better player at his position.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-25-2015 01:28 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I DONT THINK CAL OFFICIALLY OFFERED KENNARD, I DONT SEE ANYONE OUT THERE AT HIS POSITION THAT IS BETTER THAN HIM. JMO AND IVE SEEN HIM PLAY ABOUT 25 TIMES IN PERSON, BUT THAT DONT MEAN NOTHING, MY BROTHER LIVES IN FRANKLIN OHIO, I THINK SCWC HAS SOME INFO ON IT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 01:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G-B, here is what I found from a reliable UK site.

Luke Kennard and his family spoke glowingly of the University of Kentucky basketball program Friday afternoon, recounting the top recruit’s childhood spent as a Wildcats fan.

A little more than 48 hours later, Kennard and his parents were on the phone with John Calipari. The UK coach was calling with a scholarship offer.

“Luke was excited,” Mark Kennard, the player’s father, told the Herald-Leader on Monday. “It’s a great school. The tradition is unbelievable. Coach Calipari is a great coach, the way he develops players. It’s just an unbelievable opportunity.”

It was an unbelievable night for Luke Kennard, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard from Franklin, Ohio, who is considered the No. 18 overall prospect in the class of 2015.

Kennard and his family also talked to Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski, Michigan State Coach Tom Izzo, Louisville Coach Rick Pitino and an assistant from North Carolina on Sunday. Krzyzewski and Izzo were also calling to offer scholarships. U of L and UNC have yet to offer.

Link

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-25-2015 01:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G-B, We just can't get them all but we sure get our share. Cal gets more of the best talent than anyone for most every year he has been at Kentucky.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-25-2015 02:11 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kennard was never officially offered a scholarship by Cal. I talked to Mr Kennard two years in a row here at the Beach Ball Classic in my area and he said his son wanted to go to UK but that Cal sort of had him on a holding pattern and even though the press were reporting Luke had a scholarship, none was ever offered by Cal to Luke, that is why he took a sure thing and , chose Duke. I don't think Mr Kennard, who is a rabid UK fan, would have had any reason to lie to me about it, we were just two UK fans talking basketball. Kennard family are rally nice people. You cannot always believe what you read in the media.

[ 01-25-2015, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 03:01 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure with all of the guards we currently have in our stable and not knowing the status of any of them after this year. we very well could end up with all four of our guards returning for yet another year next year!

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-25-2015 03:25 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M Hamilton, that is very possible. If that does happen and with the top point guard already signed, we will be top heavy at the guard positions. Cal will have a tough time getting minutes for that many guards if he does indeed end up with 5 of the quality he would have if the four currently have do return. I would love to see that happen myself.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-25-2015 05:47 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THE TWINS WILL NOT RETURN, IMO. NO MATTER WHAT DRAFTED OR NOT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 07:04 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, I'm not sure wether the twins are gone after this year or not yet.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-25-2015 07:06 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I could see happen though, with the size of some of our guards, IF the twins stayed next season, playing more three guard lineup than we have in the past!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 06:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What would the Harrison's do if they left Kentucky and didn't get drafted? I think they are smart enough and would get there education and play for the Cats. They are probably bubble players now and it could either way on getting drafted. I also think if Andrew makes it in the NBA it will be as a 2 guard and not at the point.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 06:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the Harrison's stay next year we would be a awfully strong team again.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 06:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Depth is becoming a trade mark for Kentucky basketball.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2015 06:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It looks like the 2016 has already started to get a recruit or two.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-26-2015 06:53 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter if they stay or go to me. But if they stay newman will not be here.
Posts: 14174 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 06:27 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree a lot of these players are waiting to see if there is room or not on next years team for them!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 10:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't blame these recruits one bit to see who stays and goes.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 10:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is the kind of coach that will give these young recruits the best advice on their chances of playing for the Cats.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-28-2015 06:29 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I don't think he will lie to them!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com