TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal says big story is how the Cats are sharing

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal says big story is how the Cats are sharing
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-21-2014 10:33 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That certainly is special and this is the closest UK team that we have ever seen.

His team held UCLA to seven first-half points and rolled to its 12th straight victory here Saturday in dominating fashion. However, Kentucky coach John Calipari said it was way too early to think about the historical possibilities for his team.

“I’m day-to-day. I’m in a grind and I’m staying in the moment. The one thing I’m doing is really enjoying these guys,” said Calipari Saturday. “We can all talk about defense and blocking shots and playing hard, but you’ve got 10 guys, 11 guys sharing minutes.”

Calipari wanted to talk more about UK’s attitude than his team limiting opponents to 47.7 points per game and 30 percent shooting. Kentucky is outscoring opponents by about 29 points per game going into Saturday’s game at No. 4 Louisville.

“You have two point guards that are two of the best point guards (Andrew Harrison and Tyler Ulis) in the country, both of them, and sharing minutes. You have big guys, Karl Anthony-Towns and Dakari Johnson, sharing minutes,” Calipari said. “You have Willie (Cauley-Stein), one of the best big guys in the country, sharing minutes with Marcus Lee. You’ve got Aaron Harrison, who’s really good, and then you’ve got Devin sharing minutes.

“That’s the story, and I would say to all of you, if it were your son and he had pro potential and he was on that board to be drafted, would you be okay with him playing 20 minutes? I mean, we’ve got a great group of parents that accept and trust that we have their sons’ back, and we’ve got a great group of kids.

“I mean, that’s the story. Today we played 11, but no one played more than 23 minutes. Andrew and Aaron played 23 minutes. No one else did. That was it. Everybody else played 18-to-20 minutes.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-21-2014 09:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They play even close to what they played like against UCLA and we will have a very special season. The ball was moving and didn't stay in anyone's hands very long. Great ball movement and hope that continues.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-21-2014 10:09 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is really racking up some serious assist stats!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-21-2014 10:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are ranked 17th in the "nation" averaging 17.3 stats per game.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-21-2014 10:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is why this team is considered so highly as a team that plays together. They just do it game in and game out.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-21-2014 11:03 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THis team has made 336 field goals on the season so far with 148 assists. that's an assist on a made basket 44% of the time!
That's a pretty awesome stat!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-22-2014 11:32 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Cats are the 15th best team in assists in the country.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-22-2014 11:38 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you combine what we are doing nationally on the defensive side of the floor. Then you start throwing these offensive rankings in there, it's hard to beat a team that has this many superlatives!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-23-2014 12:14 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will win with or defense, just ask UCLA.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-23-2014 12:42 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We lead in a lot of defensive statistical categories in the nation, that's for sure!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-23-2014 09:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Defense is our specialty and it's going to carry us a long way.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 01:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our defense will be tested by Louisville but the key is Harrell and if we hold him down the Cats will get another "W".

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-24-2014 02:17 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm beginning to wonder if Blackshear isn't the key for UL rather than Harrell?

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 03:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He did have a great game against Northridge with 31 points so yes he has to be stopped too but still believe Harrell is the backbone of the Cards.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-24-2014 03:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No Doubt Harrell will be a huge key to Saturday's game too!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-24-2014 04:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Defense is what they do best and you can bet they will play us tough. I'm wondering if playing a team like Louisville where they get after you will effect our platoon system. Reason being if you come in cold it takes a little time to work up a sweat and in that time they can take advantage and make a run.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-24-2014 06:11 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blackshear had to step up against Northridge... Harrell was serving his one-game suspension.

I doubt UofL would have won against any legitimate opponent. UC Northridge is a genuinely nothing kind of school in basketball. Might as well have stayed home and played Louisville Male -- they would have got more of a challenge.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-25-2014 01:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully the Louisville scheduling will bite them and they will not be prepared to play a quality well coached team.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com