TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » The Current Status

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Current Status
Wildcat Bill
Player
Member # 615

posted 12-20-2014 08:37 PM      Profile for Wildcat Bill     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know that I haven't been on in a while, and I apologize for that. But I have been watching the Cats intently. In fact, I even went to the Providence game. I figured that the Kansas game was sort of a fluke, a really bad performance by Kansas mostly, but after this UCLA game I'm not so sure. This version of the Cats is, at times, scary good. When the 3 point shots are falling, coupled with the usual offense and stifling defense, it makes it as good as any team I have ever seen on the college level. Can they go undefeated, as most of the media pundits seem bent on saying? I don't know, probably not. We'll come up against somebody who can dictate the tempo, hit all of their shots, get all of the calls, and while we're shooting bricks and beat us. The only realistic team who can beat us on skill is probably Louisville next Saturday, but if we play like we did against UCLA, which is probably unlikely, they don't have a chance.

I do think that this team should ultimately win the NCAA Championship and I will be disappointed if they don't, because they are the best team. Duke is a very good team, but if we play well, they can't match up with us even though Okafur and Tyus Jones are excellent talents and have been great players. We just have too many for them. Arizona doesn't look all that great to me and Louisville has some deficiencies, although they may well make the Final Four, if they're not in our regional.

Still, the thing is to win it all, and I think that, barring further injuries, we ought to do that. Undefeated? Not all that important.

I give credit and thanks to Coach Cal every day for bringing us back to being, without question, the premiere college basketball program in the country. It is a pleasure to be a member of the Big Blue Nation.

Go Big Blue!

[ 12-20-2014, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Wildcat Bill ]

Posts: 1070 | From: Evansville, IN, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 08:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bill, Good to read your informative posts again and hope that you can find the time to come back often.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 09:23 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THE thing is, as excited as all of us are with the POSSIBLE outcome of this season. We really need to stop and enjoy every moment.

ENJOY THIS TEAM!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 09:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I honestly don't think there are any Cat fans that aren't enjoying the moment. I checked out a couple of other boards and Cat fans can't believe what we seen today. We are playing at a level like very few teams if any have played. Granted this is one game but what a performance against a solid basketball team. The telling moment comes next Saturday and hopefully it will be another solid game and win.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 09:50 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seriously couldn't believe what I was seeing for the first 7 minutes of today's game myself.

Thankfully I recorded the entire thing!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 10:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think we will ever see that start like we saw today for any team. I know I won't at my age.

[ 12-20-2014, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-20-2014 10:24 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always pick the wins and losses before the season starts and this year I picked us to lose 1 game. After about 5-6 games I was regretting not picking us to go undefeated. I am still convinced we can go undefeated, especially after watching today's game.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 10:41 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone watching in the nation today had to be completely surprised at what was happening in the first 7 minutes of todays game!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 10:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was a special day for sure!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com