TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ho hum..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ho hum..
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-20-2014 06:18 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what my wife said. She hates these kind of games. I love them cause I can sit back and relax and watch what everyone is doing on each play and can see each play evolve. She said the coach should take his team off the floor when these kind of games happen. I told her we have seen a bunch of these already and we'll be seeing more of them. If the all took their teams off the floor we might as well cancel the rest of the games and just give us the trophy. End of season.

But I was glad we had this kind of game where Cal could now use 11 guys in the platoon system. After the first rotation I think he started using Hawkins on the Blue team and switched Aaron to the white team. That was a good move as I see it. You still have Lyles to shoot the 3 on the blue team and you have 3 guys who can hit the 3 on the white team. With Willie, Karl and Trey on the blue team the are more oriented to the inside game anyway. And then Willis got some time I believe with guys from both teams. There is always a reason for everything and I believe Alex's misfortune has enabled Cal to use the remaining 11 guys to his advantage.

I just hope we haven't played ourselves out today and have little for next weeks game with Louisville.

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 07:27 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't mind not getting a heart attack and yelling myself hoarse because the game isn't close!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 09:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, agree with most of what you say but not so sure on Lyles shooting the 3 especially when he is 3-21 and a 14% shooting percentage. Why would you want him shooting 3's?

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 09:30 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like Booker, I think Lyles will shoot himself out of this slump! I'd like to se him go 5-6 next Saturday myself!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 09:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would rather see Booker or Ulis taking the 3's instead of Lyles.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-20-2014 10:13 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lyles can shoot. He just needs to build his confidence up. Hawkins is the same way. Cal has enough guys that he can move them around like chess pieces.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 10:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You saw Willis take 4 three point attempts tonight. I feel as though Coach has given these young men the green light when he puts them on the floor!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 10:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what makes Cal a players coach. He gives them some latitude to make decisions on there own.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 10:50 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's also why he's getting all the high ranking recruits!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com