TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Analyst says Ulis will be important in March

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Analyst says Ulis will be important in March
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 12:58 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is right but even now he brings things to the game that Andrew can't.

ESPN/SEC Network analyst Sean Farnham says freshman guard Tyler Ulis will be a “very important cog” for UK in March.

“He will be big, especially in the NCAA Tournament when the game becomes a half-court game,” Farnham said. “There is just a calming factor when he has the ball in his hands. When he crosses the time line and has the ball, even if he turns it over or there is a bad shot, there is just a calming factor. That is the feeling you get now, so as the season progresses and he gets more comfortable, I think that is only going to improve.”

Ulis will return to Chicago Saturday when UK plays UCLA, and Farnham has not been surprised by his play this season.

“I had high expectations for him coming out of high school. I saw him play on the AAU circuit, so it was not like it was something I hadn’t seen before,” he said. “He has been so good defensively, too. He is smooth offensively, but defensively his ability to move his feet and pick up full court and make you go laterally is amazing.

“It is very rare that you see Tyler get beat in a north-south drive. He is going to make you go sideways and if you do that, you start taking things away and that really helps the back line of the defense as well, even though Kentucky is so big, they don’t need a lot of help anyway.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 02:04 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Calapari has made this team into a puzzle, where every part is just as important to complete the entire picture. Cal is SO GOOD at what he does that he can make every situation work into his favor as far as talent on the team is concerned!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com