TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Charles Matthews Impressed In Chicago

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Charles Matthews Impressed In Chicago
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 12-19-2014 10:43 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Charles Matthews was in action tonight in front of Calipari and the coaching staff and he took full advantage of the opportunity. Matthews finished with 17 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, and four blocks. He got it done on both ends of the floor as he drilled shots, defended, and made plays that nobody else on the court could have made. It was an impressive performance on national TV. Matthews and St. Rita survived a late comeback and took down 12th ranked Simeon 51-26.

If there are 43 players in the nation better than this kid then I’d like to see them.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 12-19-2014 10:45 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal, Slice and Payne were there to watch Matthews
play. I was impressed with his play.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 07:29 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liked the looks of the kids effort. HE played the entire game and played hard the entire game!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 10:45 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's good to hear about his effort but we will have wait and see on his offensive abilities as he has dropped to 62 best player in the class by 247sports ratings.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 10:47 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal usually know players better than these ratings so if he likes him he must be awfully good since he signed him so early. Time will tell.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 10:49 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The other good thing it really helps to have a good defensive stopper and it sounds like that is Matthews forte.

--------------------

FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 12-20-2014 12:27 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Matthews and St. Rita survived a late comeback and took down 12th ranked Simeon 51-26.

If you survived a late comeback....... and still won 51-26....... how big of a lead were they defending????

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 12:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fla Catz, I think the answer to your question is that the score was 51-46 and not 51-26.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 01:58 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
St Rita had built a pretty nice lead after the 3rd quarter. Simeon started pressing the pants off of St. Rita and There were several turnovers in the final quarter!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 02:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It had to be a good game from beginning to end.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 02:35 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's stayed pretty close until St. Rita had a big third qrt run. Simeon shot several freethrows in the 4th to close the gap. At one time Simeon had shot 30 FT's to St. Ritas 15

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 02:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is a huge disparity in free throws.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 02:47 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought so too. Seemed like a lot of them were of the loose ball variety again. I hate that call. How do you know when someone has an unfair advantage on a loose ball. Unless it's completely obvious!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 02:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Usually loose ball calls go against the aggressor.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com