TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal says Ulis playing in Chicago will be hard

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal says Ulis playing in Chicago will be hard
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-19-2014 10:42 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It may be hard but bet Ulis will enjoy every minute of it.

Kentucky coach John Calipari says Saturday will be “hard” for freshman point guard Tyler Ulis when he returns to his home to Chicago to play against UCLA.

“It’s a hard deal. The one thing I think we can expect him to do is play hard and compete and battle because that’s who he is. He’s like the energy bunny,” Calipari said. “But the other parts — making shots or doing the things that he’s doing in a free-flowing game — we’ll find out where he is right now. It’s just hard.”

Calipari noted it was hard for freshman Trey Lyles to go back to Indianapolis in November when UK beat Kansas.

“You’re talking young kids, 18 years old, going home in front of family and friends. And you’re talking about people probably questioned Tyler (going to) Kentucky. ‘What? You’re not…’ and then looking at it saying, ‘He is. He’s a Kentucky player,'” Calipari said.

Two other Chicago players Calipari recruited, Derrick Rose and Anthony Davis, are now in the NBA. He said like Ulis, they both had the desire to improve.

“Made them great teammates and they won’t ever change,” Calipari said. “This kid is the same way. He is cheering for Andrew (Harrison) to do well and he knows how good Andrew is. Even though they run the different teams and they go at each other, he has great respect and he’s a great teammate.”

Calipari said even though Ulis missed two games and had ice on his leg after last week’s win over North Carolina and a heating pad on the same leg before Thursday’s practice, he was fine.

“He’s just got to make sure he takes care of (himself). It’s kind of like going into an NBA locker room, every one of them — I think 75 percent of the NBA — has tendonitis. So you can figure out how to play with it or don’t play. Get another job,” Calipari said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-19-2014 08:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Ulis has scraped up every available ticket he can find!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123988 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-19-2014 09:24 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is where you can buy tickets as there are tickets available in most all sections.

Ticket Link

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-19-2014 09:26 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had 4 tickets offered to me at face value yesterday. I just didn't want to drive all the way to Chicago knowing that I had Christmas with the In-Laws on Sunday!
I'm also singing in Church on Sunday. My first solo in a few months!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-19-2014 09:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tickets aren't that hard if you really want to go. Most fans would rather stay home and watch it on TV. You really have to be a die hard fan to take the time and money to drive up to Chicago to watch it live.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-19-2014 09:46 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From this area here, Chicago isn't that far away. It's only a 6 hour drive!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-19-2014 09:47 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's about a three hour drive from Indy!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-19-2014 09:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a picture of the floor.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-19-2014 09:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the logos are a little big.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-19-2014 09:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet Ulis will be sky high for the game.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-19-2014 10:01 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those logos do seem a little large. Hopefully they won't make the floor slick in those spots.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-19-2014 10:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't think a basketball floor with logo's on it would be slick. They have had many basketball games played at the United Center on that floor with many different team logo's.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 07:23 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've just never seen that many logo's on a single floor before!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 10:56 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering if Ulis has ever had the opportunity to play on that floor before. I doubt it so it's going to be a great experience to be playing there in front of all his friends and family. I just hope he won't be to jacked up to the point it will effect his game.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-20-2014 01:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure how they play some of their high school games in Illinois. They may play some invitational tourneys there or something like that!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-20-2014 02:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really doubt if he has ever played there.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com