TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ulis excited about his Chicago homecoming

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ulis excited about his Chicago homecoming
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-16-2014 12:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet he will play awfully well just hope he doesn't try to hard as sometimes that doesn't help.

No matter how many tickets he can get for Saturday’s game against UCLA in Chicago’s United Center, Kentucky freshman point guard Tyler Ulis knows it won’t be enough for all the family and friends he has wanting to come watch his first collegiate game in his hometown.

“I’m really excited,” said Ulis after UK beat North Carolina last week for its 11th straight win. “I’ll have a lot of people at the game. I know that.”

That likely will include former high school teammates and coaches.

“We all went our different ways and went to school and I just can’t wait to get back and see a lot of people,” Ulis, who played in the United Center last spring in the McDonald’s All-American Game. “I’ve been in the United Center a lot.”

His energetic play could likely be almost as popular with fans in the  United Cener as it has been in Rupp Arena.

“I feel like we just had to turn it up a little bit, get Rupp going, and just try to get the game going, get a better flow and keep the pressure on them,” Ulis said after his eight-assist performance against North Carolina. “Once the crowd’s involved, that’s a great part of being home is home court advantage. But if you’re dead air out there, the crowd’s not cheering, then you’re just playing.”

The 5-9 point guard had missed the previous games against Eastern Kentucky and Columbia. Kentucky said he missed the first game due to illness and then was hurt the second game.

“I was sick and then I was a little injured, a little beat up. But I’m better. Now I’m back and I’m ready to keep it going,” he said. “Sitting those two games out was hard for me because watching them play and not being out there is not the same.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com