TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Coach Cal confirms UCLA will replace UNC for two seasons

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coach Cal confirms UCLA will replace UNC for two seasons
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 11-28-2014 05:37 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today Coach Cal confirmed what we already believed to be true: the new series with UCLA will serve as a replacement for the North Carolina series for two years. “North Carolina has already sent us a contract for after those two years,” Cal said today. “This is plugging that hole right now.”

Kentucky is scheduled to play North Carolina in Las Vegas in 2016 as part of the CBS Sports Classic, so the home-and-home series needed that year off. But taking off one season throws off both schedules, so the two sides agreed to take a two-year hiatus to accommodate the CBS tournament and keep their home schedules balanced for the future.

Therefore, we get a trip to UCLA next season and a visit from the Bruins in 2016 before it’s back to Cats and Heels.

In related news, No. 5 North Carolina stomped No. 22 UCLA last night, 78-56. We’ll see them in back-to-back weekends beginning December 13th with UNC coming to Rupp, followed by a subzero trip to Chicago on December 20th. Can’t wait.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 11-28-2014 05:38 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will UNC have a team then? Seriously, if they are competitive then, it means
they have avoided sanctions and scholarship losses.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-28-2014 06:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good point Eleem.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 06:23 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So far there's no word if the NCAA is even looking into the academic indiscretions at UNC!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 06:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't see how UNC can get off that easy.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 07:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sometimes it boggles my mind how the NCAA rules on a lot of things.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 07:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We haven't heard the whole story yet so maybe there will be some justice after all.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 07:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Seems like it's been awful quiet for a while now.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 08:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's either the lull before the storm or the storm has past by and gone a different direction and betting on the latter.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-28-2014 08:21 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMO CAL CHOOSE UCLA BECAUSE THAT WILL HELP OUR WEST COAST RECRUITING.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 08:58 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like the way you think GB

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-28-2014 10:40 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Recruiting is the prime reason for going to CA to play. We manage to sneak one away from the west coast once in a while but we seem to lose out on some of the best guys out west. I don't expect to see much out of the NCAA on UNC until the end of the BB season. There will be sanctions but they might not be as severe as we would like to see.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 11:10 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OR as severe as they should be? We are talking about Academic FRAUD here, right?

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 09:56 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama is right playing in California gives us a presents on the w. coast and does help recruiting.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com