TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Random college basketball notes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Random college basketball notes
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 02:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't realize last year's team was not that close. They played well in the NCAA tournament.

A year ago, it was obvious the Kentucky basketball team was not a close-knit group. This year, it is obvious the bonds are much tighter. No doubt, John Calipari gives thanks for that.

Looking forward to Providence's LaDontae Henton visiting Rupp on Sunday. The 6-foot-5 senior scored 38 points in the Friars' win over Notre Dame last week.

With the sudden resignations of assistant coach Adam Howard and staff member R.J. Rush, the waters are choppy for Tennessee's Donnie Tyndall. The former Morehead State coach is under NCAA watch for possible violations at his previous job, Southern Miss. Howard and Rush were with Tyndall in Hattiesburg.

Monday night's home floor loss to Eastern Washington could not have helped Tom Crean's case at Indiana.

After shooting 19.6 percent against Kentucky in the Champions Classic, Kansas shot 59.6 percent next time out, Monday night's 87-60 win over visiting Rider.

Going into Wednesday night's late game against Georgia, Gonzaga's Kyle Wiltjer was averaging 13 points, 5.8 rebounds and 21 minutes per game. The former UK forward had made 18 of his 36 shots from the floor.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 11-28-2014 05:00 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And Wiltjer went off against Georgia, scoring 32.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 05:17 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess I didn't realize they weren't a close game last year either.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 06:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a amazing stat that Kansas shot right at 40% better in their next game, that is unheard of.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 06:43 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That size alters a lot of shots .

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 11:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Size matters. [Smile]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2014 06:36 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If a team can block 10 shots per game and alter numerous others, that's a defense that can be difficult to overcome at times.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 09:23 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder who will get the assignment of guarding Henton tomorrow? I see where he had 29 against Yale the other night. He is a 6'6" forward that is quick and strong so he will be a load whoever is on him. He is a double-double machine and is a good of rebounder as a scorer. I guess Poy and Lyles will get their shots at guarding him and Cal will go from there on who gets the assignment.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2014 09:59 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My guess is Alex will get the firs t assignment against him.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 10:29 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep just exactly what I said and Lyles will get his shot too. Henton is awfully quick so Booker is a possibility too.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-29-2014 11:04 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Put Willie on him. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 11:11 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TT, when all else fails WCS to the rescue.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-29-2014 11:21 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They get the first shots but when he gets close to double figures in the first half it's time for Willie. [Eek!]

[ 11-29-2014, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com