TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal says forgotten story is how unselfish the Cats are

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal says forgotten story is how unselfish the Cats are
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 01:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think on this site there has been many posts that have been said about the unselfishness of this team and it is one of the main reason we are playing so well. The platoon system would not work near as well without players sharing the ball and playing defense the way we have.

Forget the defense. Forget the balanced scoring. Forget the easy wins.

Kentucky coach John Calipari says everyone is missing the big story about Kentucky basketball this season.

“They’re sharing. The story, everybody wants to talk about defense, they all want to talk about the energy, the blocked shots and the length, and the story is you have 10 guys sharing minutes. That’s the whole story in a nutshell,” said Calipari after UK rolled to a 92-44 win over Texas-Arlington Tuesday to improve to 6-0.

“Why is that happening? Because they’re allowing it to happen. Is anybody being hurt by this? No. Will their NCAA stats be as much as some other players? No. Their team NCAA stats will be way beyond most, and their efficiency stats, the big data stats, will be some of the best in the country. And that’s how they’re evaluated more than anything else.”

Going into Sunday’s game with Providence, the evaluations are glowing for No. 1 Kentucky and have been since a 32-point win over No. 5 Kansas when the Jayhawks managed just 12 points in the second half.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 05:51 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When this team is logging assists on over 75% of the baskets made, I'd say that's a pretty unselfish team!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 06:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That stat is really unbelievable and wonder if it might not be on track to set a Kentucky record.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 10:21 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It really shows what teamwork does and I am sure will be a model for future teams to follow.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com