TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Lyles new we had this capability

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyles new we had this capability
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 10:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are a awesome team with a great future.

Kentucky’s impressive play this season has not surprised freshman Trey Lyles.

“I definitely knew that we had this capability. We just had to lock in and fall in love with playing defense, and just fall in love with Coach’s plan of having the two platoons,” said Lyles. “We’re just unselfish. Everyone is for one another, and we just want to see everyone be successful.”

Kentucky hopes to continue that success Sunday when it hosts Providence, its best test since a 32-point win over No. 5 Kansas in Indianapolis.

“Nobody on the team is selfish. Nobody cares about just themselves, they care about everyone on the team and they want to see them do good,” Lyles said.

While coach John Calipari says sharing minutes and statistics is the big story for UK basketball this year, Lyles said the team-oriented play was not a big adjustment for him.

“For me, my team, we had a lot of unselfish guys (in high school). So it wasn’t that hard switching over,” Lyles said.

It’s the same way about keeping his focus when UK has a big lead like it has had every game this season.

“We’ve just gotta go out there and push ourselves. I mean, me, individually, just gotta get down and guard those smaller guys, just work on playing hard and playing with energy all the time,” Lyles said.

Calipari said after Tuesday’s win over Texas-Arlington that both Lyles and Alex Poythress had to improve guarding smaller players on the perimeter since they are alternating at small forward.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 10:44 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both Poy and Lyles will have their hands full trying to guard Henton tomorrow.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com