TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » JAY BILAS SAID.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JAY BILAS SAID.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-27-2014 05:21 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WISCONSIN IS BEST TEAM HE HAS SEEN, AND I THINK HE WAS COMMENTATOR DURING KANSAS GAME.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-27-2014 06:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jay Bilas said it and Jay Williams, another Dukie working with Seth Greenburg in the Studio said Wisconsin would win the NCAA championship this season, no mention of Ky at all. I don't see it myself. I am already sick of Bilas and he is the one announcer I always liked. He is becoming a homer like Vitale since he replaced Vitale.

And Bilas was the commentator during the Kansas game Bean.

[ 11-27-2014, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 06:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bilas is usually a guy that tells it like it is and did our games in the Bahamas too. He isn't the type that would say something he didn't believe.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 06:33 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wisconsin is a solid ball team no doubt, but after watching the close game against G-town today I'm still not sure about Wisconsin.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 06:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe ESPN is telling them they need to pick someone besides KY. They get more hits when they try to cover up how good our CATS really are

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 07:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Wisconsin is the real deal.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 07:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wisconsin has a great coach who has a way of preparing his team to play team basketball while making very few mental errors.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-27-2014 08:01 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think Wisconsin is the real deal.

Me too. I would hate to play them. Their style would drive us crazy but I think we would wear them down.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 08:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
handy, that's the one thing that we have over every team we play. Our depth is as deep and talented as any team we have seen since the mid-70's. The good thing is we are going to be well rested for all our games and that is a big plus for our Cats.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 08:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, in the month of December we have a week break between all of our major games. Plenty of time to prepare as well

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-28-2014 10:45 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FOLKS CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT ABOUT BILAS, JUST REMEMBER ONE THANG HE IS A DOOKIE AT HEART.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 11:52 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can't judge a person because he played for or coached Duke. That isn't fair and we all know Bilas never is obnoxious about that fact he was a Dookie. He is a good guy and one heck of a good announcer.

Most won't remember this but I bet Green Bean does, Cawood Ledford not only did our games for many, many years and was Big Blue thru and thru but he also worked as the play-by-play announcer for national radio broadcasts of the NCAA Men's Final Four on the CBS Radio Network. He did it much like Bilas and no one felt he favored Kentucky much like Bilas and Duke.

Here is a good story about coach K Bilas's coach and what he said about Cawood which has always made me feel coach K is a very good person and a class coach.

Cawood announced his last game for a Kentucky in 1992 when Kentucky lost to Duke 104-103 in overtime in the NCAA East Regional Final. When the game was over coach K made it a point to come over to Cawood and congratulated Cawood for his long and illustrious career as the announcer for the Kentucky Wildcats. I thought that to be one class act that would be done by very few coachs. Coach can be a pain in the butt but deep down is very classy man even though he too is a Dookie like Bilas.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-28-2014 12:17 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's best that I just don't respond to that.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-28-2014 12:22 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
catmandoo, I agree about Bilas but I just can't bring myself to call Rat Face classy.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 12:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
handy I would agree whole heartedly that coach K is "far" more classy when he wins than when he loses.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-28-2014 12:48 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I REMEMBER ALL THAT CMD, BUT ONE THANG I DONT REMEMBER RAT FACE APOLOGIZING FOR LATTINER STOMPING TIMBERLAKE IN THE FACE, AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT. IF HE DID SOME ONE CORRECT ME. A DOOKIE NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE ARE LIKE A MULE , YOU TURN YOUR HEAD ON THEM AND THEY WILL KICK YOUR BRAINS OUT. I HAVE NOTHING FOR NO DOOKIE. AND I NEVER WILL.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-28-2014 01:00 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would never classify coach K as a classy man, in my mind he is everything but that. I remember him and the Cawood thing, that never changed my mind of him. He is the biggest A hole ever to coach college basketball, right there along with Coach B Knight. It's very easy to be gracious when your team has just won a ball game, had Duke lost there is no way he would have gone by and said what he did to Cawood, at least that is my opinion of Rat Face. That was a game his team won because he had the officials in his pocket. How any true cat fan can consider his actions after that game as classy befuddles me.

[ 11-28-2014, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-28-2014 01:41 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
I would never classify coach K as a classy man, in my mind he is everything but that. I remember him and the Cawood thing, that never changed my mind of him. He is the biggest A hole ever to coach college basketball, right there along with Coach B Knight. It's very easy to be gracious when your team has just won a ball game, had Duke lost there is no way he would have gone by and said what he did to Cawood, at least that is my opinion of Rat Face. That was a game his team won because he had the officials in his pocket. How any true cat fan can consider his actions after that game as classy befuddles me.

SCWC YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH, AND ANY CAT FAN CAN BELEIVE THIS, CAWOOD KNEW HE WAS ONLY SAYING THAT CAUSE HE WON. CANT STAND DOOK NEVER WILL. THE REFS FOULED OUT MASHBURN OR WE WOULD HAVE BEAT RAT FACE ANYWAYS, LATTINER SHOULD HAVE BEEN THROWED OUT OF GAME, HE WOULD BE NOWDAYS WITH THAT FLAGRANT THANG.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-28-2014 01:54 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our week off in December doesn't matter because we don't play Wisconsin. We probably won't even face them in the tourney. They have a more experienced team than they did last year, and we beat them then. We have a lot better team this year so I don't see the problem, if by chance they got thru to play us in March. Bilas' problem is he tends to forget things once in a while and he done forgot what he seen of us. If everyone conceded that we were the best thing going the season would be over for them, so they must search to find someone who they think would have a chance against us. But really a lot of teams have a chance against us, for the first half. But unless we go stone cold or have several season ending injuries, I see no one beating us. I could be wrong but it would be the first time. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Eek!]

[ 11-28-2014, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-28-2014 02:04 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have a big early season match up this coming Wed night with Duke going to Wisconsin, that is 2 versus 3 in the Big Ten/ACC match up.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-28-2014 02:54 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC WISCONSIN WILL WHIP DUKE, LIKE A TIED DOWN GOAT, WISCONSIN HAS MAYBE THE BEST COACH IN COUNTRY. I SAID MAYBE TIME WILL TELL I GUESS.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-28-2014 05:27 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Green-Bean, I agree with you about Bo Ryan being one of the best in the country. He never gets the credit he deserves. He can take a very mediocre team and make them good. He has some talent this year and IMO he will be able to beat anybody on a given night. That doesn't mean I think they are better than us, they're not.
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 06:06 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd say the Big G will be pretty strong this year too. Thad Matta is a pretty solid coach as well. Izzo will have the Spartans competing before the seas=on is thru too.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com