TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK top shooters

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK top shooters
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-26-2014 04:52 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have to go down a ways on the list of top shooters on UK teams since 1947 until you find a guard. that is only natural because the big guys take most of their shots inside. But down about #33 is the top guard shooter. Who do you think it could be? He is right behind Kle Macy who is #37 on the list with a 52.07%

What big man do you think leads everyone in shooting % at 65.85%?

[ 11-26-2014, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-26-2014 05:20 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to guess Sam Bowie but My hunch is that it has been more recent than him!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-26-2014 05:31 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wrong and right. Not him and was more recent.
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-26-2014 06:18 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Delk?

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 06:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, How many attempts does it take to be qualified for the honor of the top shooter?

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-27-2014 12:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It would be over 100 made. I'll give a little hint. I believe he only stayed 2 years at UK. That's the big guy. The guard was a 4 year player.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-27-2014 01:12 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am correct. The big guy only played for UK for 2 years and had a field goal accuracy of 65.85%. He played in 69 games and made 187 shots. Will give a big hint; #2 was A Davis, #3 was W Cauley, #4 was R Dent, #5 was M Estill.

The guard played 4 years in 123 games, making 422 shots for a 52.42%. Big hint: #2 was K Macy, #3 was D Beal, #4 was K Greavy, #5 was K Hollenbeck.

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 01:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, I had to look them up or I wouldn't have gone to sleep last night. The big was a bit of a surprise and a hint to make it easy is that he transferred to another school after setting the record.

The guard was one of two that I thought it might be and is not that hard as he was very special but he dates back a number of years which makes it harder.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-27-2014 04:28 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, your saying the player transferred made me think of Michael Bradley who played for Tubby. He transferred to Villanova from UK. He would be my guess for the leading big man percentage shooter. All Cat fans were shocked when he decided to transfer after being a starter his sophmore season at UK. I believe the top guard is probably Dirk Minnifield who I saw play live many times. Kenny Walker was a freshman when Dirk was a senior if memory serves me correctly.

[ 11-27-2014, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 06:18 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now that you mention SCWC, I remember Bradley having a high FG percentage.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 09:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those are the correct answers Ray and they were not near as hard with Bama's hints.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-27-2014 10:18 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Absolutely correct on all counts. Bradley didn't really have that great a career after UK but I'll bet his college stats could have been better if he had stayed 2 more years. Minniefield was one of our better players that a lot of people tend to forget. Interesting that Davis, Cauley, Dent and Estill are also in the top 5. The next 5 big guys are also pretty recent. Hurt, Turpin, Noel, Patterson and Robey. On the guard side the next 3 that shot 50% or greater were L. Dampier, JD Conner and Derek Anderson.

[ 11-27-2014, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 10:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, not to us old fogies who still have some of our memory in tact, Minnifield was special and athletic at both ends of the court. His problem was drugs and it ruined the end of his career at Kentucky and his NBA career. The good side of his story was he went to rehabilitation and beat his problem and has since lived a good life.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com