TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Andrew proving he is the team leader

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Andrew proving he is the team leader
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 12:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew has matured a lot from last year.

His play isn’t making the national highlight reels — or even generating much talk by Kentucky fans.

However, sophomore point guard Andrew Harrison could be the most under appreciated player on this year’s team after being the most overly criticized player on last year’s team that eventually made the national title game.

Harrison had 11 points, four assists, three rebounds and one steal ·(and just one turnover) in 19 minutes in Tuesday’s 92-34 win over Texas-Arlington that again showcased UK’s defense — the visitors had 12 points at halftime and missed 28 of 32 shots in the first half — and enormous overall talent.

Harrison is running the team the way Calipari wants. He’s talking more with teammates and coaches. His body language that drew so much negative attention has been splendid — of course, with the way UK is burying opponents, it’s hard not to be happy on the court. However, Harrison is running and playing as hard with UK up 30 points as when the lead is single digits.

He’s driving into the lane and searching for open opponents — inside or outside — rather than trying to always fight his way to the basket as he did last year.

Then there is his defense, which is vastly improved. Quicker, smaller guards gave him fits at times last year. He dropped weight, worked on his quickness and now also trusts teammates to cover for him more.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 10:16 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew stats this year are very good and much better in some cases playing over 11 minutes less than he did last year. If he keeps this same pace he is going to go very high in the NBA draft.

Here are some the comparisons from this year compared to last year:

His shooting percentage this year is 48.5 compared to 36.7 last year.

His 3 point shooting this year is 41.7 compared to 35.1 last year.

His rebounds per game are 3.2 this year compared to 2.3 last year.

His assists per game are 3.3 this year compared to 2.7 last year.

His points this year are 8.7 this year compared to 10.9 last year but year but remember he has played far less minutes this year.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 05:22 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's now the experienced leader/floor general of this team. He's grown up quite a bit since last year. I think we all expected him too.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 06:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think putting in a lot of work over the summer has really been beneficial.

[ 11-28-2014, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 07:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both of the Harrison twins have matured since last year.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 07:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm glad for both of them but I bet they feel it's time to move and take their talents to the NBA. I hope it works out for the both of them

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 07:24 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with you, I'm hoping they can make it at the next level as well.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 07:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It isn't going to be easy and Andrew will have to compete with players that are a lot quicker than what he is. Personally think he would be a better two guard like his brother in the NBA.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-28-2014 10:45 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't count them gone until you see it happen. I seen one of Andrews tweets the other day that would lead me to believe they may return for a third season. Right now Ulis is having an affect on him. He's not that much better than Ulis right now and he could be thinking he needs more refinement before the draft. If they were to stay our recruiting could become a nightmare. [Confused]

[ 11-28-2014, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-28-2014 10:47 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am going to enjoy this season and watching them win a title. I can fret about next years line up, after this season is over.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 11:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boom, you got it right, enjoy the precious present.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2014 06:19 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As it has been said, "Don't worry about tomorrow, Tomorrow will take care of itself."

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2014 06:27 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (NIV)

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 09:43 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew like the article points out hasn't been the talk of the town but his stats are much better than what they are because of his playing time. Because of the platoon system he is only averaging 20 minutes per game and it's hard to put up big numbers. He has however made really good use of his minutes and averages just uner 9 points a game while 48.5% from the field and over 41% from the 3 point line. Put that with 20 assists and only 9 t/o's and you can see he making good use of the minutes he gets.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2014 10:04 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HIs three point shooting has really improved his NBA stock. JMO

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2014 10:33 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's not a opinion, it's a fact.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-29-2014 12:09 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's definitely doing better than last year and it can be partly contributed to Ulis being here. The competition and platoon system has made him work harder and think more about making the right decisions. I don't see anymore of the bad bod language he had last year. He may just be thinking ahead a little bit about his draft status. Here is the comparative stats for him and Ulis.

Min PPG APG SPG TOPG FG% FT% 3Pt%
Andrew:20.5 8.7 3.3 1.0 1.5 48% 75% 42%
Tyler: 18.5 5.3 3.3 1.3 1.5 61% 100% 57%

3pt Atot TOV StlTot
5 20 9 6
8 20 9 8

Not a lot of difference. Ulis has better shooting %s

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-30-2014 08:33 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not a lot of talk about this a lot but the platoon system is the best motivator there is.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-30-2014 06:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew had a pretty solid game again today.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-30-2014 07:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It keeps all the players on their toes and if their numbers aren't right Cal will change the system in a heart beat. So far it's working pretty good but once we start playing better teams anything can happen and line-ups and court time could change in a heartbeat.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com