TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Booker sees unbeaten streak a sign of respect for the Cats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Booker sees unbeaten streak a sign of respect for the Cats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 11:58 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We get more respect with each victory moving forward.

Texas-Arlington coach Scott Cross was the third coach this year to suggest that UK could go undefeated, only adding to the clutter UK coach John Calipari has warned his team to avoid.

“(Former UK) Coach (Joe B.) Hall told me when I said the 100-pound jacket, he said, ‘Coaches wear that 100-pound jacket, too, and you’ve got to deal with all that same stuff.’ All I’m doing is focusing on this team. I’m focusing on individuals. What can I keep adding to their game?” Calipari said. “And then I’m looking at a team, how do we become a better execution team offensively, how do we continue to play with this kind of energy, and what other tweaks can we give the defense?

“What can we do, because folks, I’m going to have to keep this team engaged all year, and right now we’re ahead defensively, so I need to start adding stuff, and even if it’s little things to make them think so that they don’t get into that rut of just hearing the buzz, like I’m making them think, I’m making them be engaged, those are the kind of things we’re going to have to do as the year goes on.”

Freshman Devin Booker, who had 19 points and has now made three or more 3-pointers in three straight games by hitting 12 of 17 shots in that span, doesn’t mind coaches putting that kind of pressure on UK.

“Every time we step on the floor we try to win,” Booker said. “I see that as a sign of respect to actually think we can do something like that.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 12:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the Cats play up to their capabilities and the coach's can keep them focused they have a shot but history is not on their side as it "rarely" happens even to the best of teams. The only thing we can ask is they do their job and play hard. It certainly isn't the end of the world if we lose a game or the NCAA championship for that matter although it would fantastic if we could.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-27-2014 12:04 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
It certainly isn't the end of the world if we lose a game or the NCAA championship for that matter although it would fantastic if we could.

Say what! Many of us on here feel like it's the end of the world when we lose any game. [Wink]
Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 05:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's awfully true handy. We may be spoiled but we sure do love our Cats.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 06:26 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone with a competitive spirit hates to lose. Even though we know it is bound to happen eventually.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 08:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lets hope eventually ends up being sometime next season. [Smile]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 08:37 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It wouldn't upset me if I never saw my team EVER lose another game!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 08:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't hold your breath on that statement. [Wink]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 08:55 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh I said I wouldn't be upset, I know that almost every opponent we face could be our next loss.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 06:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We need to take one game at a time and take no one for granted.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2014 07:09 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Providence is undefeated going into Sunday's game so they definitely deserve respect.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com