TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Booker May Be the Best Shooter Since Louie D.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Booker May Be the Best Shooter Since Louie D.
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 11-25-2014 09:25 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He had a rough start, but now his stroke is smooth, and every time he shoots, I think it's going in. I can't say that for anyone else I've seen play for the Cats lately.
Since this team will face almost exclusively zone defenses, Booker becomes one of our most important players.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-25-2014 09:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He sure is dead eye. He can penetrate and create his own shot as well!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2014 10:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He reminds me Lamb or a Fitch.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2014 10:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has a smooth great stroke.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-25-2014 10:10 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TONY DELK COULD SHOOT WITH ANYBODY, SO COULD DERRICK MILLER.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 11-25-2014 10:33 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're right, GreenBean, but as freshmen, I'm not sure they could do everything as well as Booker. If you consider just the 3-ball though, it's a close race. Probably too early in the season for me to be making comparisons to seasoned veterans of the past.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-26-2014 06:12 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One things for sure, you think it's going in every time he releases a shot!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-26-2014 08:26 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ALACATS I DIDNT KNOW U WAS ONLY TALKING FRESHMEN.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 10:52 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tony Delk was a great shooter at Kentucky and averaged 35% on his 3 pointers as a freshman and 45% on his f/g attempts. Compare that to Booker's current 52% field goal attempts and 46% so far from behind the arc and it gives you an "idea" how they compare. Booker can definitely shoot the rock even though it's early in his career.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-26-2014 11:37 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Saw Dampier play for the Kentucky Colonels. Never got to see him play for the Cats. He put up 25 or 30 that night and shot the lights out.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-26-2014 12:21 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Even though he has fallen from grace, I think Rex Chapman would have to be part of this conversation. Not sure what his 3 point shooting stats were but he sure wasn't afraid to shoot it from any where on the court.
Posts: 5411 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-26-2014 12:42 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I SAW DAMPIER PLAY FOR KY IN PERSON, AND I WOULD AGREE HES THE BEST SHOOTER WEVE EVER HAD. I WAS JUST SAYING DELK WAS A DARN GOOD SHOOTER, AS FAR AS THAT GOES JIM MASTERS COULD SHOOT THE ROCK.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-26-2014 12:51 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you stop and think about it we have had a lot of great shooters.
Posts: 14176 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 01:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We do have shooters and we will need them because we are going to see a lot of zones by some pretty good teams. There are not to many patsies left on the schedule although I don't think there is a lot of talented SEC teams this year. We will see.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-26-2014 01:28 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Even though he has fallen from grace, I think Rex Chapman would have to be part of this conversation. Not sure what his 3 point shooting stats were but he sure wasn't afraid to shoot it from any where on the court.

Rex is still one of my favorite players. Sky Walker is my all time favorite.

[ 11-26-2014, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 01:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To give you an idea on how good this team shoots the 3 we are shooting 32.5% as a team which is awfully good considering that between Lyles and Aaron they are shooting a combined 22%. Neither one of those guys will continue shooting like that. I can see us shooting in the high 30% range by the end of the year which is real good for a team and will be a big advantage come tournament time.

The one downside is that when you shoot a lot of 3's because of all the zones we will probably see we are more susceptible to a off night and a possible upset loss. That's what makes undefeated seasons so far and few between.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 02:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To give you a idea on how good Booker shoots the 3 he has made 13 of his last 18 attempts.

--------------------

EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-26-2014 02:57 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I absolutely love his shooting stroke, but his hustle is what I really appreciate.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-26-2014 03:01 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has great speed for his size and always seems to give every play 100 percent on both ends of the floor. I am just about as impressed with his effort on the defensive end as I am his excellent shooting form. He will get a lot of minutes this season because we will be seeing a lot of zones. We really do have a very special freshman class in Towns, Lyles, Ulis and Booker.

[ 11-26-2014, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com