TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Anybody here never been to Rupp?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody here never been to Rupp?
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-25-2014 05:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking the other night after going to the game on Sunday. I was just curious who on here has never attended a game in Rupp Arena?
Those of you who have ever been there especially in the last 10 years or so. I mean the live television just doesn't do it justice.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-25-2014 06:13 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some years ago I was there for an Arkansas game which we won. I was also there the night that we beat TN unmercifully when Allen Houston was there and he couldn't hit anthing. Was also there the night we lost to a San Diego team while BG was coaching. Got those 3 seats via Derrick Jasper when my son and I met his mother in CA. great seats in the 3rd row in the corner near the basket opposite the UK bench. Sat right next to Patterson's family. Patterson's dad yelled at his son when he got knocked down under the basket, "Get up off the floor, you can't do any good down there". If it wasn't for losing a game we should have killed them it might have been a better trip.

[ 11-25-2014, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2014 06:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We had tickets years ago and it was great then and probably better now.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-25-2014 06:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The pre game intros, the huge flags out on the floor. The pep band. The entire experience!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 11-25-2014 09:12 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got to watch John Wall and company in 09 against Ole Miss. I didn't want to leave . It was awesome !!!! I got tickets from a guy who had tickets from Bill Gatton ( the one that gave them 20 Million this year) but he couldn't go. I had the best seats in the house. Will never forget it.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 762 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-25-2014 09:41 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I must say the last time I sat in lower arena was Dale Browns final game in Rupp. They gave him an easy chair if memory serves me correctly.

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 11-25-2014 09:43 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've only been to Rupp once and it was unfortunately during Gillispie's tenure. I got to watch them beat Liberty. Please excuse the following comment....but it pretty much sucked because you could see the players were having no fun and the fans were having no fun. I remember telling the guy that I went with that Billy G wouldn't be around long.

I would like to go back and watch a game now. I've seen the Cats play in Louisville/Indianapolis/South Bend quite a few times.

[ 11-25-2014, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2014 10:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey, I can understand about the Gillispie years but you should have seen them at most any other era as seeing a game in Rupp is a very special experience. My favorite time was we had Rondo and Sparks at the guards, a shooter and a facilitator. It was special as they worked together so well and the crowds back then would go wild every time you would see a special pass to a open shooter like Sparks who always seem to drain every shot he took.

Hopefully you can see this years team play as they are special too and when they play like they have so far the crowd goes wild. It's been great being a Kentucky fan all these years.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com