TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Booker knows what BBN has on UK recruiting.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Booker knows what BBN has on UK recruiting.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2014 04:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Kentucky fans have been a huge part of getting the best basketball players in the nation to commit to the Cats.

Devin Booker thought he knew plenty about Kentucky basketball fans before he came to the Marshall County Hoop Fest to play last December. That’s when he realized even though he had signed with Kentucky, he really didn’t understand the passion of UK basketball fans.

“You get a feel for the Big Blue Nation. It’s crazy. There was a snowstorm that same weekend and Big Blue Nation still showed up,” said Booker. “It was crazy. They showed a lot of love and I was like, ‘Wow. If they are showing this love more than three hours away from Lexington, I can only imagine what it is like in Lexington.’

“It was definitely an eye-opener for me. I didn’t come to Madness my senior year. I came to the alumni game. I saw a little taste of it then, but to know fans would travel like that to come see you play was amazing and made a big impression on me.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 11:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we all are glad Booker decided to play for the Cats as he is turning out to be a very special player and our best 3 point shooter although Ulis's 3 point shooting average is higher. ( less attempts however)

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-26-2014 12:48 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Booker is the reason that allowed Kennard to escape the grasp of Cal. I think Cal thought Booker could shoot just as good and he would be around for a couple years. We don't know what goes on between Cal and each recruit but sometimes I think Cal just stops recruiting some of them and the go elsewhere.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 09:46 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, Cal is smart enough to know what these recruits are thinking and if Kennard was not giving him the right vibes and was intrigued with Duke and coach K so be it. It looks like we got the best of the deal.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 06:09 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It also seems as though Cal has got a good relationship with the NBA scouts which is also intriguing to the young men. That's where they all want to eventually be.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 07:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal doesn't miss out on to many recruits of the better that's for sure.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 07:50 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's pretty easy to tell the recruits they will get playing time by coming to KY because he's even changed his coaching style to accommodate the talent he brings in!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 08:20 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to interesting to see if this is a one time experiment or something like you say he uses in the future.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 08:35 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd say a lot of that depends on how much of that talent decides to stay for another season and how much goes pro!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-27-2014 08:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Time will tell.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-27-2014 08:58 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's already 3 signed to the '15 class and I'd be surprised if we don't sign 2 or 3 more by the spring time!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 06:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet they the ones we sign now will be highly rated. It seems like this year the better players waited before committing.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com