TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Question for you guys

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for you guys
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 11-24-2014 04:34 PM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have seen the Cats in person at Memorial back in the days of Riley, Dampier, et al. when I attended UK. I also saw them maybe 4 times at Madison Square Garden in NYC and the Meadowlands in NJ in the 90s and the 2000s. On my bucket list is to them at Rupp. What are the chances of getting a decent seat at Rupp for a good game at a "reasonable" price? I have no clue what I would have to pay and would appreciate if some of you guys could give me a sense of the price/price range. Guess I would have to buy on the street. Thanks for your help.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1790 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2014 04:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jersey, check the below link and it gives you a good idea what they cost and how to get them. Good Luck and hope you get them as it is so special to see them play in person and this years team could be the most special team ever.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2014 09:37 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jerseycat, if you get tickets let us know and tell us what you thought of Rupp. Every Cat fan has to see a game in Rupp as it is so special...

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 11-25-2014 02:57 PM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel kinda dopey now about asking the question. I really thought that every seat was spoken for in Rupp for every game and I would have to do the scalper thing outside the arena. Looking at the prices it appears that I will be in one of the 3 digit sections. I would think mid court would be the best.....yes? Anyway, may not make it down from New Jersey this year but looking forward to the trip in the near future. I will post my "review" when the deed is done. Thanks for your response.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1790 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2014 03:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jersey, can't wait to hear what you have to say about Rupp and the Cats.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-25-2014 06:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw where Ticketmaster had some decent tix in upper arena for $37 for the EKU game. I paid around $47 per ticket per game last year!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2014 10:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you get started early looking for tickets you can find them but you might have to pay a premium. I guess it depends on how much you want tickets and what you can afford.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-26-2014 06:14 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It also depends on which game you are thinking of taking in. A N. Carolina game will be a tougher ticket to get than say an EKU!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 08:16 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It looks like all the games left other than the Eastern Kentucky game and the Columbia game are the only two games left where we play a softer team. The rest of the games will be tougher tickets to get.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com