TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Towns answers some interesting questions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towns answers some interesting questions
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-30-2014 08:26 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is intelligent beyond his years and is going to be a player that will be rated as one of the best players ever to play for Kentucky.

Towns offered these insights on a variety of other subjects:

Question: How do you feel about the platoon system?
Towns: “It’s going to make us a better team. We’re going to be able to play at a high level a lot more without being tired. It gives us a chance to rest and it also gives us a chance to explore the talent with all the different players that we really have. I always knew he had a plan. He just doesn’t do something just to try it and he always has a plan. I feel that platoon system is going to be really good for us. I’m glad in the Bahamas it worked out for us.”s

Question: What about the flexibility within the system when guys deserve more minutes, they can get them?
Towns: “For me it really doesn’t matter. If it gets us the win, that’s all that really matters to me. I came here to win and I came here to do big things. Whatever coach Calipari thinks he needs to do to meet our goals, then I’m all for it.”

Question: What about being on a team with two juniors, players who have been on the team a while?
Towns: “That makes a big difference for our team. They’ve been able to see the ups and downs of Kentucky basketball and that has helped us tremendously. They know how to fix our flaws and know what succeeds in the college game. For me, especially as a freshman, they’ve helped me tremendously, and utilize the best in the college game.”

Question: What happens when somebody doesn’t bring it to a practice?
Towns: “Then they will be brought. We’re very competitive and we really have a lot of fun practicing because we’re all competitive. That’s the thing, we’re having a ball every time we step onto the court, lace up our shoes and go at each other. If you don’t bring it here at the University of Kentucky, don’t expect to be here.”

Question: Is it what you expected?
Towns: “It’s a level above (what I expected). When you come to campus, you really don’t expect what you’re going to be into – it’s going to be hard with this or with that. I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything in the world. It’s made me so much of a better player and so much of a better human being. I’m just glad to have a chance to be here and be a Kentucky Wildcat.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com