TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal's creativity is impressive

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal's creativity is impressive
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-25-2014 02:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has the players to use the platoon system but it will take a lot of practice and patience to make it work. I think he will do well on the practice portion of platooning but not so sure he has the patience to use it on a continual basis. I

“Calipari is ahead of the curve at all time sand that is what makes him so great. He is a natural born recruiter. He walks into a house and wows parents immediately because his track record speaks for itself,” the analyst said. “As far as preparing kids for the next level and giving them an opportunity to win, he is as good as anybody in the country.

“He is an excellent communicator, and it is not just about building trust and that relationship. That is always a key cog getting players not just to listen, but to buy in and believe and that will be very important this year. He has always been able to adapt to the lineup he has and even last year he did. He puts it all out there for his guys. He makes it simpler and let that team last year just take off.

“The adaptation he has to who he is as a coach and how he uses players and how many players he uses and this platoon system he is starting the year with … I don’t know if it will work but it is good starting with it because it tells kids this is what I am holding your accountable for. You have to dive on the floor for loose balls. If you don’t do these things I will sub you out. Guys will get in foul trouble, may turn an ankle and miss time. That will change the whole platoon thing, but he is adapting to what he is and he has a mindset for what to do. As the season progresses, that may change but he’s great at changing and that is why he competes for national championships each year.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com