TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Team chemistry impresses analyst

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Team chemistry impresses analyst
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-24-2014 12:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most all Cal's teams have great chemistry and kudo's to him for recruiting class players both on and off the court. (good article)

He had watched Kentucky’s exhibition games in the Bahamas in August and saw the NBA combine earlier this month.  However, SEC Network analyst Sean Farnhan, a former player at UCLA, got a “whole different perspective” of UK during his three days in Lexington for Big Blue Madness.

“What blew me away — and we all know the length, talent and depth — but I saw the team chemistry. It is a team that is very cohesive but very competitive,” said Farnham during the SEC Media Days last week. “They get after each other in practice. They attack each other in practice. I think it will be harder to score in practice than it is games, especially because of the length they have around the rim.

“I think this team has all the pieces you look for not only to accomplish the goals that Kentucky fans look for, but do so in maybe even a dominant fashion. I really like this group a lot.”

He believes UK freshmen Trey Lyles, Karl-Anthony Towns, Tyler Ulis and Devin Booker not only are talented, but also fit well with the “pieces” already at Kentucky.

“You have experience and guys that have gone through the battles not just from trying to win a national championship but from the pressures of trying to play basketball at Kentucky,” Farnhan said. “When you put on that uniform, you represent more than yourself and your team.

“You represent the most passionate fan base in college basketball and the greatest tradition in college basketball, so you are carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders. How do you handle that? The guys who have experienced that will help out the freshmen.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com