TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Here is scholarship offer for Kennard.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Here is scholarship offer for Kennard.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 10-23-2014 07:38 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2013/07/14/2015-guard-luke-kennard-is-latest-with-uk-offer/

Cal offered according to this. Hope this Helps.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-23-2014 10:29 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was pretty sure he had one before he went to Duke. Something had to happen to cause him to give up on UK because he was a lock for UK.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-24-2014 02:50 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like I said on the recruiting side of this forum, my great, great niece goes to school with Kennard and knows him well and she told me he did not get an official offer from Cal. I also talked to his family at the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach last December and he had no offer then and they said Cal did not seem interested in their son coming to UK. My information is coming from a relative who knows him well, not a written source. Maybe Cal did offer but the aricle is dated July 2013 and I talked to his family in Dec 2013 and they said he did not have a firm offer from UK at that time. I remember watching his telecast and he had a UK hat on the table but picked Duke. I had assumed he would be going to UK and was shocked when he picked up the Duke hat. He is a good player but Cal don't recruit white players real heavily and from what his parents indicated, that was why they felt they had not gotten a firm offer from UK by Dec 2013. That is all I know about his recruitment. I do know that no one from UK was down here to watch him play in this big tournament but the Duke people were here for every game he played and he won the slam dunk contest here. I was sure he would go to UK if he got a firm offer, that is why I am so confused about all this.

This young man has strong UK and Kentucky ties and it is a shame we don't have him coming to UK next year. I am hoping Bean is right and that he might change his mind. From my prior conversations with his parents, he was a lock for UK if he got the confirmed offer, what happened between December and the Duke commitment is beyond my personal knowledge of his recruiting. Reading that article even muddles the picture more for me.

[ 10-24-2014, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-24-2014 09:47 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I couldn't believe this but the only caucasian player that Cal has recruited and signed is was Kyle Wiltjer and he transferred.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-24-2014 10:51 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, if some white boys would ever be ranked in the top-2 at their position, I bet Cal would offer them a scholarship. Cal goes after the best, and so far none of them have been white.

Now if this was the other way around, Sharpton and JJ would probably be picketing on the UK campus as we speak.

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-24-2014 10:52 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't Cal recruit Derek Willis, Bruce?

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-24-2014 11:01 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As I was saying, something happened but I don't know what it is. Unless he has a firm comitment from a SG that is being kept under wraps, I don't know what it could be. There have been a few other white guys who could shoot that we did not get.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 10-24-2014 11:26 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama there is no other black or white kid out there that can out shoot Kennard. I know some thinks some white kids are not ranked high but in the ncaa tourney there are plenty good teams filled with white players. cal is recruiting Zimmerman right now but I don't think he will come.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com