TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats will scrimmage more this season

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats will scrimmage more this season
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-23-2014 09:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Cats with all the running ahead of them in practice are going to be in good condition the only downside is scrimmaging may lead to more injuries.

One change Calipari will make this year is more practice scrimmages because of UK’s depth.

“The summer tour got us ahead. The (NBA) combine puts all that stuff behind so we can focus on our team. We’re going to scrimmage more. But most of my best thoughts come when I’m on an airplane because I don’t have the phone ringing, no one knocking on my door and no one asking me, and I’m on an airplane,” Calipari said. “So two days ago, I’m on an airplane and I have an hour and I’m thinking, ‘What’s the biggest advantage my team has from everybody in the country?’ Our practices should be so competitive that that’s our big advantage.

“Well, if that’s our advantage, then we should be scrimmaging more, so how do you do that yet still get the drill work that you need to help develop habits? So what we’re doing is, we’re scrimmaging, and if they break down in transition defense, then I’m stopping them and we’re doing a transition defensive drill. Something they don’t want to do. And if they don’t sprint the court on a wing, then we do something, and I stop them and then we go back to scrimmaging.

“So from this point on, we will scrimmage probably nearly three-quarters of our practice, maybe 60 percent. Yesterday we scrimmaged — you’d have to ask the guys but I’d imagine the scrimmage part was about, out of a two and a half hour practice, they’ll say it was three and a half, it was two and a half, but in a two and a half hour practice, I would say other than 45 minutes, we scrimmaged.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com