TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Stallings praises Cal and Billy D

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stallings praises Cal and Billy D
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-22-2014 08:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK and Florida are the cream of the crop most every year for some time.

Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings says Southeastern Conference teams have to find a way to catch up to what coaches John Calipari of Kentucky and Billy Donovan of Florida are doing with their programs.

Botht teams made the Final Four last year on what was supposed to be a down year for SEC basketball.

“It is a great league,” said Stallings during the SEC Media Days Thursday. “You can say it is a two-team league, but at least our two teams both made the Final Four. We think it is pretty competitive league. Last year it appeared to be top heavy, but we had a team (Tennessee) that finished in the middle of the pack that made the Sweet Sixteen and then we had two teams in the Final Four. We don’t have to make any apologizes.

“Success breeds success. Billy and John are doing their jobs. The rest of us have to start make it interesting to where it is not those two and the rest of us. It is our job to try and close that gap.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-23-2014 11:26 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know Stallings can be a whiner from time to time, but I have always liked the guy and I think he has been a terrific coach at Vandy through the years.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com