TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Big Blue attention has not overwhelmed Booker

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Big Blue attention has not overwhelmed Booker
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-21-2014 01:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Booker has a good attitude to go along with that silky 3 point stroke and both are going to make him a special player for the Cats.

Kentucky guard Devin Booker has not been overwhelmed by UK’s NBA combine, media day or Big Blue Madness.

“You know when you come to Kentucky that you are going to be on the stage each and every day. That is why you want to come here,” said Booker.

That doesn’t mean the guard from Mississippi, one of four UK freshmen, has had an easy adjustment to college basketball.

“The speed of the game and the pace is a lot different from high school. Bigger players, faster players, more athletic players so at the end of the day it’s just an adjustment. I feel will it help us practicing against the guys we are,” Booker said. “I have seen a lot of these players, so I knew it was going to be a competitive nature around here. That’s what it has been. It has turned out good for all of us.

“I am adjusting to how much bigger guys are. You go into the lane and there are all 7-footers down there where in high school you could just dunk and now you have to switch if off and find ways to get shots off. Competing against Aaron (Harrison in practice) helps me the most. He is a great player and comes to play every day and that brings the best out of me and is good for me.”

Kentucky coach John Calipari said Booker has “really helped himself” with his recent play in practice.

“Not only his shooting, physically, athletically, he’s been good. He’s been shooting the ball well. He’s got to get it off a little quicker, so he’s been working on that. But when he shoots it, we all think it’s going in,” Calipari said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com