TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Andrew answers media questions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Andrew answers media questions
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-20-2014 05:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is coming back with a great attitude and that can only help this years chances of winning number 9!

Harrison took time to answer questions last week at the Craft Center during UK’s Media Day.

Question: What is your initial reaction to the idea that coach John Calipari is going to platoon and how do you carry that into the season?

Harrison: “I’m not sure how long it’s going to last, but it’s a good idea. Everyone is going to get some playing time and have fun. Cal cares about us and he cares about the development of us as basketball players. I feel like it’s a great opportunity. We just want to do what he (Calipari) asks and hopefully it will work out. Coach is a competitor, so whatever he has to do to win.”

Question: What will the team have to do to make the platoon system work?

Harrison: “We just have to be unselfish, and while you are on the court, play as hard as you can. That’s the only thing you can do, really. It’s going to be very different, considering most big-time basketball teams don’t really do that. It will be interesting.”

Question: Did you feel that you and your brother’s decision to return would have such a big impact on what Calipari has decided to do with the team this year?

Harrison: “I didn’t think of it like that. I thought of it as wanting to come back and win a national championship and become better as a player.”

Question: Do you remember the feeling you after the national championship game last year?

Harrison: “I remember that feeling and it was one of the worse ones I’ve ever had. I don’t want to feel that again. We had a great chance of winning but we just couldn’t pull it out. We can’t focus on the past; we just have to move on.”

Question: How did the combine go and your thoughts on it?

Harrison: “I thought I played well. I’m improving and you could tell some of the young guys were nervous at first and who wouldn’t be? It was a great opportunity.”

Question: How is it going up against Tyler Ulis in practice? Is it making you better going up against little, quick guards?

Harrison: “He’s definitely a pest and he puts pressure on the ball constantly. What you have to do is concentrate and focus on getting your teammates involved really. We’re both making each better. It’s fun and we push each other to make each other better.”

Question: What does he bring to the floor that you guys didn’t have before?

Harrison: “He really picks up the ball full court and he’s great defensively.”

Question: Having your brother here and going through the transition like last year and going through some tough times, how beneficial is it to have somebody you’ve known all your life going through it with you?

Harrison: “It’s great. We’re both mentally strong and we know what it takes now, trying to bring it every day in practice to pushing the rest of the guys.”

Question: Did you guys watch any of the tournament games and the shots Aaron made over the summer?

Harrison: “Not much. Those shots are great, but I know Aaron’s not satisfied. We didn’t finish like we wanted to.”

Question: How does that drive you now? Is it a hurt or motivation after losing that championship game?

Harrison: “It was hurt after the game, but as a competitor, you have to self-motivate yourself to get better every day, no matter what your motivation is.”

Question: What will people see differently from you this year that they didn’t see last year”

Harrison: “I’ve dropped a couple of pounds, I feel like I’m lighter on my feet and I can jump higher. I can move faster. I understand the game better and I’m more comfortable out there on the court.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com