TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » How Dakari lost his weight

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Dakari lost his weight
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-19-2014 04:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is going to benefit from losing the extra baggage by being not only quicker his stamina will be much better too.

Dakari Johnson’s body weight has changed. So has his basketball skills.

During the team’s combine at the Craft Center last week, Kentucky coach John Calipari said Johnson’s slimmed-down weight and his performance on the court drew the attention of the NBA scouts who were in attendance.

A late bloomer, Johnson didn’t blossom until late in the season, proving a spark during the Wildcats’ journey through the NCAA Tournament. Johnson scored 10 points and grabbed seven rebounds in Kentucky’s 74-73 win over Wisconsin in the national semifinals. The sophomore center tallied 15 in a 74-69 triumph over Louisville in the regional semifinals. He averaged 5.2 points, 3.9 rebounds and started all nine of Kentucky’s games in the postseason.

Last year, Johnson weighed 275 pounds and has trimmed it down to 255 going into the season.

Johnson offered insights into the past, present and future during Kentucky’s media day festivities Thursday at the Craft Center.

Question: How have you changed physically since the end of last season?

Johnson: “I’m more athletic now, I’m eating the right foods and getting my body fat down. It changes my game a lot. I can move a lot better, get up and down the court better and it just feels like I’m lighter on my feet.”

Question: When you started conditioning, is it something you took on yourself or did Calipari help you with it? How did that come about?

Johnson: “When I went back home after the season, he sat down, talked to me and told me the things I needed to work on – free-throwing and get my body in better condition. When I came back, I sat down with coach (Rock) Oliver and the nutritionist, we went out to eat and they told me what type of food to get. The first two weeks, I was craving the pasta and the fried stuff, but after a while, I saw my body progress and change, so I just stuck with it.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-20-2014 01:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The more athletic Dakari can become the higher he will be picked in the draft and more money he will make. Good for him.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com