TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » BBM chat.....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BBM chat.....
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:12 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't realize O'Neil was the only senior this year.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's Mitchell Goin to come up with this year

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bruno Mitchell

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:16 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's not a terrible singer

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:17 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last year's ladies were 26-9 last season

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
O'Neil lead the team in scoring last year

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thompson is also a senior

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The rupp arena court looks awfully dark

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:36 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As expected, the women are not hitting a lot of shots just yet

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:37 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Espn has the ladies ranked number 6 in the land this year.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:37 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
O'Neil is so tough.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:42 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm excited to see the ladies play this year.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 07:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm excited to see the ladies play this year.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 08:20 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Drake warming up with the team?!?!?!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 08:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
69% of the scoring returning from last years team!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 08:22 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm as excited as a kid before Christmas tonight!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 08:43 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm ready for this season to start!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 08:51 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poythress started taking over this scrimmage

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 08:53 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We play Kansas in 1 month. Man there's a bunch of talent on this team

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-17-2014 09:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MAn there's a lot of talent on this team! Did I already say that?

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-17-2014 09:51 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I signed up last night to work the UK winter sports, Womens BB, Gymnastics and indoor track and field. I hope to work a few BB games but won't know for a while.
Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-17-2014 10:41 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just discovered what the biggest problem was on showing the whole 2 hours of BBM live, or showing it in numerous replays. I was all about the royalties that would have to be paid for all the songs used in it. Each player was allowed to use any song they wanted during their introduction, as was Matthew Mitchell in his act. Some of these royalties can be $5,000 and $10,000 each even if they only play part of the song. And then they would have to pay them again for each time it was rebroadcast. I can see where the cost could add up. But is this the first time they have been allowed to play their songs? It still seems a little fishy to me. I'm waiting to watch the 1 hour show on SEC network at 11:00 pm to see if they eliminate the songs, which I am sure they will by not showing the intr of players. The stupid idiots don't even realize that is one of the best parts of the whole thing. Oh well, I guess that's the end of BBM as we used to know it. I guess they should end it after this year.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-18-2014 05:51 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why they need individual music for their introductions. Just introduce them as they walk out, no dancing or music needed, the fans are there to see them work out on the court, not make the grand entrance. Play the UK fight song on the individual introduction of players, that is good enough for the fans. People go there and watch TV to see the players on the court, not the grand entrance with the little dance steps etc. Midnight Madness has lost a lot of its luster with me because of the way it is presented. I just want to see the players shoot, do drills and scrimmage. I guess I am old school on this topic.

Bama, you are probably right, I think BBM has probably run its course because of the SEC TV network and changes made on the way the players are introduced. I never noticed the music at introduction, did not realize each player got to select a different song of their choice for introduction to the fans.

According to this morning's LHL, the production of Midnight madness cost 300,000, that is ridiculous in my opinion.

quote:

Kentucky's annual Big Blue Madness Friday night had a by-the-numbers feel. The show — which cost $300,000 to produce — hit the familiar marks: women's coach Matthew Mitchell impersonated a singer/dancer (Bruno Mars this year), the women scrimmaged, the cheerleaders tumbled, the music blared, spotlights roamed, Wizard of Oz smoke rose in the air...
quote:

[ 10-18-2014, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-18-2014 06:27 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, are you a member of the Committee of 101 at UK???
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-18-2014 11:58 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Negative. I have never checked into it but have heard it costs some amount of a donation to belong to it. I don't have the money to spare. I'll let them pay me to work on game days for FB and some of the other sports. Hoping to get some of the womens basketball home games. By the way, I'll be coming down your way the final week of September next year for my Air Force reunion. Hope to hook up with you at the Landmark again and maybe celebrate #9.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-18-2014 01:33 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to it Bama. I have a friend that lives in Covington that was just down here the week after Labor Day for his Air Force reuinion. The Committee of 101 is the ones that get the men's basketball games and I know they have a waiting list to get into that organization. I think most are the big money people from Lexington and surrounding areas who want to wear their special Committee Jackets and show how wealthy they are. I am like you, would hang onto the present status you have, that would be plenty good enough for me. I hope you do get to do some of the girls games, I watch all of them when they are on TV. Enterprise Cat and I were just e mailing about you, he got to meet you at a football game and he also knows Catmandoo and UKCatfanfla. That is why this is such a good site, we all might disagree on some topics but we are all very much like family here.

[ 10-18-2014, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com