TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Towns juiced up about Big Blue Madness

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towns juiced up about Big Blue Madness
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-17-2014 09:01 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seems like we just finished the NCAA tournament and we are already going starting a new season.

Freshman Karl-Anthony Towns has been to Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness twice, but Friday night will be his first one as a UK participant.

“It’s crazy because I’ve been to two Big Blue Madnesses so far and for two years you keep seeing yourself on the stage but you’re not up there yet. So I’m just going to be really juiced up, really happy to be up on that stage for the first time actually being introduced instead of just being a recruit,” he said.

He wouldn’t reveal what dance plans he might have for his introduction.

“That’s the surprise for tomorrow. If you’re in the building you’ll see,” he said.

Freshman Trey Lyles said he had some “ideas” but would not reveal them either. He would not confirm if his intro song would be the one about UK basketball that his father had recently recorded.

“That would be nice, but you’ll just have to wait and find out,” Lyles said at UK’s Media Day on Thursday.

Sophomore Aaron Harrison already had family and friends in Lexington Thursday preparing for Big Blue Madness.

“Yeah, I’m excited. A lot of family and friends and coming out. That’s a lot of fun. The fans enjoy it a lot,” he said. “I don’t really have anything special going, but it will be fun.”

Just don’t expect any surprises from Kentucky coach John Calipari like those UK women’s coach Matthew Mitchell annually pulls off at Madness.

“Matthew has his niche there, and I don’t want to infringe on his niche,” Calipari joked.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com